|— subdivision —|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||ISO 3166-2:IN|
Lalbag subdivision is a subdivision of the Murshidabad district in the state of West Bengal, India. It consists of Murshidabad municipality, Jiaganj Azimganj municipality and five community development blocks: Murshidabad–Jiaganj, Bhagawangola–I, Bhagawangola–II, Lalgola and Nabagram. The five blocks contain 44 gram panchayats. The subdivision has its headquarters at Murshidabad.
Apart from the Murshidabad municipality and Jiaganj Azimganj municipality, the subdivision contains rural areas of 44 gram panchayats under five community development blocks: Murshidabad–Jiaganj, Bhagawangola–I, Bhagawangola–II, Lalgola and Nabagram. There is no urban area under these five blocks.
Rural area under Murshidabad–Jiaganj block consists of eight gram panchayats, viz. Bahadurpur, Kapasdanga, Prasadpur, Dahapara, Mukundabag, Tentulia, Dangapara and Natungram. Murshidabad and Jiaganj police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is in Murshidabad.
Rural area under Bhagawangola–I block consists of eight gram panchayats, viz. Bhagawangola, Hanumantanagar, Kuthirampur, Mahisasthali, Habaspur, Kantanagar, Mahammadpur and Sundarpur. Bhagawangola police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Bhagabangola.
Rural area under Bhagawangola–II block consists of six gram panchayats, viz. Akheriganj, Baligram, Nashipur, Amdahara, Kharibona and Saralpur. Ranitala police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Nasipur Balagachi.
Rural area under Lalgola block consists of 12 gram panchayats, viz. Airmari Krishnapur, Dewansarai, Lalgola, Nashipur, Bahadurpur, Jasaitala, Manikchak, Paikpara, Bilborakopra, Kalmegha, Maiya and Ramchandrapur. Lalgola police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Lalgola.
Rural area under Nabagram block consists of ten gram panchayats, viz. Amarkundu, Kiriteswari, Narayanpur, Shibpur, Gura–Pashla, Mahurul, Panchgram, Hajbibidanga, Nabagram and Rasulpur. Nabagram police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Nabagram.
As per order of the Delimitation Commission in respect of the delimitation of constituencies in the West Bengal, eleven gram panchayats under the Lalgola block, viz. Airmari Krishnapur, Bahadurpur, Bilborakopra, Dewansarai, Jasaitala, Kalmegha, Lalgola, Manikchak, Nashipur, Paikpara and Ramchandrapur and the Kantanagar gram panchayat under the Bhagawangola–I block together will constitute the Lalgola assembly constituency of West Bengal. Maiya, the other gram panchayat under Lalgola block will be part of the Raghunathganj assembly constituency. The Bhagawangola–II block along with seven gram panchayats under the Bhagawangola–I block, viz. Bhagawangola, Hanumantanagar, Kuthirampur, Mahisasthali, Habaspur, Mahammadpur and Sundarpur will form the Bhagabangola assembly constituency. The Murshidabad–Jiaganj block, the Murshidabad municipality and the Jiaganj Azimganj municipality will form the Murshidabad assembly constituency. The Nabagram block will be part of the Nabagram assembly constituency. Nabgram constituency will be reserved for Scheduled castes (SC) candidates. Raghunathganj, Lalgola and Nabagram constituencies will be part of the Jangipur (Lok Sabha constituency), whereas Bhagabangola and Murshidabad will be assembly segments of the Murshidabad (Lok Sabha constituency).
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 2008-03-19. Retrieved 2008-12-22.
- "District Wise List of Statutory Towns( Municipal Corporation,Municipality,Notified Area and Cantonment Board) , Census Towns and Outgrowths, West Bengal, 2001". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-22.
- "List of Districts/C.D.Blocks/ Police Stations with Code No., Number of G.Ps and Number of Mouzas". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-22.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Murshidabad district. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-27.
- "Press Note, Delimitation Commission" (PDF). Assembly Constituencies in West Bengal. Delimitation Commission. pp. 7–8,23. Retrieved 2009-01-11.