When he grew up he joined his brother, Walchand and served its various group companies like The Scindia Steam Navigation Company Ltd., Walchandnagar Industries, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Ravalgaon Sugar, Hindustand Construstion, Premier Automobiles, etc. He later served also as President of the Indian Merchants' Chamber and various other merchant bodies.
He also served as President of All India Digamber Jain Tirthakshetra Committee from 1972 to 1983, and was connected to a number of charitable institutions. He is also the author an acclaimed book on Ramayana named as The Indian epic – Ramayana.
He is survived by sons and one of the flagship company, Walchandnagar Industries is now run his sons Vinod Doshi, Chakor L. Doshi and others, where as other companies went to sons of Gulabchand Hirachand, after family division of businesses, as the founder of the group Walchand Hirachand died without any male heirs.
He was trustee of various schools, collages and hospitals run by Walchand group.
He died in October, 1993.
- Lalchand Hirachand
- Jain Samaj – Seth Lalchand Hirachand
- Progressive Jains of India – Satish Kumar Jain – Google Books
- Indian Business and Nationalist Politics 1931–39: The Indigenous Capitalist ... By Claude Markovits. 2002. p. 123.
- Lalchand Hirachand Doshi – Member of Rajya Sabha – 1952–58
- Walchandnagar Industries Limited
- HND Pune » About Us
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|