Lalgola (community development block)
লালগোলা সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||134 km2 (52 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,000/km2 (5,200/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Murshidabad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Lalgola, Raghunathganj|
Lalgola (community development block) is an administrative division in Lalbag subdivision of Murshidabad district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Lalgola police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Lalgola.
Lalgola is located at
Gram panchayats in Lalgola block/ panchayat samiti are: Airmari Krishnapur, Bahadurpur, Bilborakopra, Dewansarai, Jasaitala, Kalmegha, Lalgola, Maiya, Manikchak, Nashipur, Paikpara and Ramchandrapur.
As per 2001 census, Lalgola block has a total population of 267,593, out of which 136,853 were males and 130,710 were females. Lalgola block registered a population growth of 29.40 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 23.70 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Murshidabad district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Murshidabad district. Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 12". Government of West Bengal Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-03-11.