Lalit Kala Akademi
The Lalit Kala Akademi or National Academy of Art is India's National Academy of Fine Arts. It was an autonomous organization, established at New Delhi in 1954 by Government of India to promote and propagate understanding of Indian art, both within and outside the country. It does so through providing scholarships, a fellow program, and sponsoring and organizing numerous exhibitions in India and overseas.It publishes bilingual journal. It is funded by the Union Ministry of Culture.
- The president appointed Shri Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty as Chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi on 12th Feb 2012. Shri Chakravarty will hold office till the end of the calendar year in which he completes 70 years of age i.e. up to 31.12.2017.
- The former Chairman of LKA was poet, Balan Nambiar 
- Ashok Vajpeyi (April 2008-December 2011)
- About us
- "General Council Members". Official website.
- "Arty soul: Lalit Kala Akademi Chairman Ashok Vajpeyi..". The Hindu. Dec 24, 2010.
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|