|Elevation||428 m (1,404 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||UP 94|
|Sex ratio||0.997 ♂/♀|
As per provisional data of 2011 census, Lalitpur had a population of 133,041, out of which males were 69,548 and females were 63,493. The literacy rate was 83.96 per cent.
As of 2001[update] India census, Lalitpur had a population of 111,810. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Lalitpur has an average literacy rate of 65%, which is higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 56%. In Lalitpur, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Lalitpur has very good rail connections with major Indian cities including New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Patna, Indore, Bhopal, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Ujjain, Saugor, Damoh, Jhansi. According to sources, Lalitpur station will be a junction bt the year end 2012, with trains directly to Khajuraho, Singrauli, Satna & Tikamgarh.
The important trains such as the Malwa Express, Punjab Mail, Bhopal - Lucknow Express, Jabalpur - Jammu Tawi Express, Gondwana Express, Bhopal Express, Lashkar Express, Pushpak Express and Kushinagar Express stop at Lalitpur.
The city has the best schools emphasizing on the holistic development of the child.
- Rani Laxmi Bai Public School. (RLPS, Lalitpur)
- Saint Dominic Savio Convent School. (SDS, Lalitpur)
- Modern Public School. (MPS, Lalitpur)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Lalitpur.
- Government Boys School.
- Government Girls School.
- little flower school, Lalitpur
- Siddhi Sagar Academy. (SSA, Lalitpur)
- PAHALVAN GURUDEEN MAHILA MAHAVIDYALYA PANARI
- pahalwan gurudeen mahila mahavidyalaya also got affliated by"" Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University in many cources""
- Shri Deep Chandra Choudhary Mahavidhyala
- Nehru Maha Vidyalaya, Lalitpur
- Varni Jain Inter College.
- Government Degree College, Lalitpur
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhaya Government College.
- IGNOU, Lalitpur Campus
- Nagar Palika Girls College
- rajkiya inter college lalitpur bar
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above". Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.