Lamar Consolidated High School
|Lamar Consolidated High School|
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Lamar Consolidated Independent School District|
|Color(s)||Blue and Gray|
The school, which serves the City of Richmond, parts of Rosenberg, the City of Kendleton and unincorporated sections of Fort Bend County, is a part of the Lamar Consolidated Independent School District (LCISD). All areas served by LCHS are within the Houston metropolitan area.
In 2005–2006, this school was rated "Acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency.
- First opened in 1948.
- student body: 1679.
- Percent of graduates: 75 percent (not including drop-outs before senior year)
- The 2010-2012 UIL realignment places LCHS in district 23-4A, along with El Campo, Bay City, Terry, Foster, Angleton, and Brazosport.
- The psychological thriller "Apart" was filmed in Lamar Consolidated High School, along with its football field, Traylor Stadium.
Hail alma mater
All glory to thy name
Thy colors gray and blue shall ere remain
We pledge our loyalty, friendship, sincerity
Our love will never die
Hail Lamar High!
Junior high school
- Austin Elementary School1
- T.L. Pink Elementary School1
- Jane Long Elementary School1
- Deaf Smith Elementary School1
- Irma Dru Hutchison Elementary School1
- Beasley Elementary School
1These are the elementary schools that are entirely zoned to Lamar Consolidated High School.
- 2007 Texas 4A State Champions
- 2006 Texas 4A State Semifinalist
- 9 District Championships
- 22 Playoff Appearances
- Michael Lewis – Former NFL safety of the San Francisco 49ers
- Alan Faneca – Current NFL offensive lineman for the Arizona Cardinals and former offensive lineman for the Pittsburgh Steelers and the New York Jets
- Earnest Jackson – Former NFL running back for the San Diego Chargers, Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pierce Holt – Former NFL Defensive Lineman for the San Francisco 49ers
- Donald Hollas – Former NFL Quarterback for the Oakland Raiders
- Jacquizz Rodgers - Running back for Atlanta Falcons
- James Rodgers- Wide Receiver for Atlanta Falcons
- Randal Grichuk- professional baseball player for the St. Louis Cardinals
- Jimmie Lee Solomon- Major League Baseball Executive Vice President of Baseball Operations 2005-2010
- B. J. Thomas – Singer-songwriter, known for "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head", "Hooked on a Feeling" and "As Long As We Got Each Other" the theme song from Growing Pains.
- John Holiday - American operatic countertenor who has appeared in supporting and leading roles with several American opera companies
- Evans, Thayer (December 23, 2007). "Diminutive Tailback Is a Giant in Scoring". New York Times. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- Kennelly, Lisa J. (October 11, 2008). "New York Jets: No obstacle Faneca can't move". NJ.com. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- "Earnest Jackson". Pro Football Archives. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- Andreu, Robbie (January 12, 1989). "A Rookie Of Many Years 49ers` Pierce Holt, 27, Is A Newcomer Who Doesn`t Seem Like One.". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- "Don Hollas". Pro Football Archives. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- Williams, Brandon C. (December 16, 2007). "Lamar Consolidated wins state football title". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- Ledbetter, D. Orlando (August 2, 2012). "Atlanta Falcons Jacquizz & James Rodgers have thick football bond". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- Pleskoff, Bernie (May 13, 2014). "Grichuk could be power source for Cardinals". MLB.com. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- Hlavaty, Craig (February 9, 2012). "B.J. Thomas". Houston Press. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- LCISD homepage
- Lamar Consolidated High School website
- Homepage of the Mighty Mustang Band
- Lamar Athletics