Lambert van Nistelrooij
|Lambert Van Nistelrooij|
|Member of the European Parliament
for the Netherlands
|Born||Lambertus Jacobus Jozef Van Nistelrooij
5 March 1953
|Political party||Christian Democratic Appeal (CDA)|
|European People's Party (EPP)|
|Alma mater||University of Nijmegen|
|Website||(Dutch) Official website|
Lambertus Jacobus Jozef van Nistelrooij (born 5 March 1953) is a Dutch politician. He got elected as a Member of the European Parliament in 2004 where he represents the CDA in the Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats) (EPP Group).
Youth and education
Work and politics
At 24 years old, he was a member of the city council of Nuland. In 1982, he joined the Brabant States Group of the CDA. Between 1991 and 2003, Lambert van Nistelrooij was a member of the Deputies of the North-Brabant Province where he was responsible for public health, care for the elderly, housing, urban innovation and internationalisation.
He later became a member of the Dutch delegation to the Committee of the Regions in Brussels and Treasurer of the House of Dutch Provinces in Brussels. He was also Vice President of the Assembly of European Regions for some time.
Lambert Nistelrooij got elected as a Member of the European Parliament in 2004. He is currently a member of the EP Committee on Regional Development. He is also engaged in energy and telecommunications in his function as a substitute member of the EP Committee on Industry, Research and Energy. He is also on the delegations for relations with the countries of South Asia, Maghreb countries and the Arab Maghreb Union, and the Euro-Latin American Parliamentary Assembly. 
Lambert van Nistelrooij is the European Parliament Rapporteur and Negotiator for the European Structural Funds and the European Investment Fund (2014–2020). The budget for this amounts to €222 billion.
Besides his work as an MEP, he has a special interest in civil society. He is Chairman of the Advisory Board of "Smart Homes", the National Centre for Home Automation and Smart Living, and Prisma, an institution for people with intellectual disabilities. 
- 1974: Human Geography University of Nijmegen (cum laude).
- 1979-1983: Assistant Metropolitan Tilburg
- 1983-1988: Policy province of Gelderland
- 1987-1991: Departmental management training and organisational development, North Brabant Christian Farmers
- 1978: City Council Member Nuland
- 1982-1991: Brabant States Group of the CDA
- 1991-2003: Deputy of the Province of North Brabant for health, care for the elderly, housing, urban renewal and internationalisation
- 1992-2003: President and Vice-President of the Assembly of the Regions of Europe
- 1995-2003: Delegation and rapporteur of the Committee of the Regions
- 1995-2003: Various positions in the Regional Assembly of the Council of Europe
- 2004-2009: President of the Assembly of European Border Regions
- 1999-2003: Chairman of Alive: European Challenge to Ageing
- 2001-2010: President 'Perspekt Mark for Care', Utrecht
- 2003-present: Chairman Advisory Board "Smart Homes", National Centre for automation and Smart Living, Eersel
- 2006-present: Member of the Supervisory Board of Valkenhof, nursing and care, Valkenswaard.
- 2011-present: Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Prism, an institution for people with intellectual disabilities, Waalwijk