|Location||Kent County, Michigan|
|Primary inflows||Lamberton Creek|
|Primary outflows||Lamberton Creek|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Max. length||appx. 1,700 ft (520 m)|
|Max. width||appx. 1,040 ft (320 m)|
|Surface area||28.5 acres (115,300 m2)|
|Max. depth||15 ft (4.6 m)|
|Surface elevation||650 ft (200 m)|
Lamberton Lake is a 28.5-acre (115,300 m2) freshwater lake located in Kent County in Western Michigan. The lake is approximately 1,700 feet (520 m) long and 1,040 feet (320 m) wide and is centered at just within the city limits in northeast Grand Rapids. The surface elevation is 650 feet (200 m), and most of the lake is less than 15 feet (4.6 m) deep.
Lamberton Lake is fed by Lamberton Creek, which flows from Emerald Lake to Lamberton Lake, entering the lake at the northeast. Two springs also feed the lake. Lamberton Lake discharges into Lamberton Creek at the southeast. Lamberton Creek flows south, then turns west and eventually flows into the Grand River.
Lamberton Lake Fen Nature Preserve, one of 13 nature preserves owned and managed by the Land Conservancy of West Michigan, is located to the southeast of the lake. Lamberton Creek flows through the preserve.
In the late nineteenth century Lamberton Lake with Lamberton Creek was under consideration as one of a few possible water sources for the growing city of Grand Rapids.
Geology and topography
Most of the lake bottom is composed of marl. The deeper parts are mostly composed of pulpy peat. There is one island in the lake, approximately 160 feet (49 m) long and 70 feet (21 m) wide, located in the northwest part of the lake. A low ridge runs along the east side of the lake and overlooks it.
- "Lamberton Lake Fishing in Kent County, Michigan". Fishing Works: The Best Online Fishing Resource. 2007. Retrieved May 26, 2008.
- "Conserving Green Spaces". Land Conservancy of West Michigan. 2006–07. Retrieved May 26, 2008.
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources (1942) (PDF). Lamberton Lake (Map). http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/SPATIALDATALIBRARY/PDF_MAPS/INLAND_LAKE_MAPS/KENT/LAMBERTON_LAKE.PDF. Retrieved May 26, 2008.
- Grand Rapids (Mich.) Dept. of Public Service. Report of the City Surveyor on Additional Water Supply for the City of Grand Rapids. W. W. Hart's Arcade Steam Book and Job Printing House, 1880, p. 3-44.
- "Two couples' evening dining ends with discovery of unidentified body floating in Lamberton Lake". The Grand Rapids Press. July 27, 2009. Retrieved August 20, 2012.