Lampasas Independent School District
In addition to Lampasas, the district also serves the city of Kempner and part of the Bend community. Located mostly in Lampasas County, portions of the district extend into Burnet, Bell, and Coryell counties.
The school district's mascot is the badger.
In 2010, the school district was rated "academically unacceptable" by the Texas Education Agency due to Lampasas Middle School's rating of "academically unacceptable". This rating was due to a coding error and an appeal was filed, but denied. Taylor Creek Elementary was rated "exemplary". Lampasas High School and Hannah Springs Elementary were rated as "recognized". Kline Whitis Elemertary was rated "academically acceptable".
- Lampasas High School (Grades 9-12)
- Lampasas Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Hanna Springs Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- Kline Whitis Elementary School (Grades PK-5)
- Taylor Creek Elementary School (Grades PK-5)