|IATA: LNY – ICAO: PHNY – FAA LID: LNY|
|Owner||Hawaii Department of Transportation|
|Serves||Lanai City, Hawaii|
|Elevation AMSL||1,308 ft / 399 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Lanai Airport (IATA: LNY, ICAO: PHNY, FAA LID: LNY), also written as Lānaʻi Airport, is a state owned, public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) southwest of the central business district of Lanai City (Lānaʻi City), in Maui County, Hawaii. It is the only airport serving the island of Lanai (Lānaʻi).
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 52,075 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 42,594 enplanements in 2009, and 43,922 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a primary commercial service airport (more than 10,000 enplanements per year).
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers an area of 505 acres (204 ha) at an elevation of 1,308 feet (399 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 3/21 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,001 by 150 feet (1,524 x 46 m).
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service at this airport:
|Island Air||Honolulu, Kahului|
- FAA Airport Master Record for LNY ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "Lanai Airport". State of Hawaii. Retrieved June 16, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Island Air stops Kapalua route; adds Kahului route". KHON-TV. March 22, 2013. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- "Go! Mokulele adds Lanai service". Honolulu Star-Bulletin. April 6, 2010. Archived from the original on April 9, 2010.
- Lanai Airport
- Hawaii State Department of Transportation
- Topographic map from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for LNY, effective December 12, 2013
- Resources for this airport: