Lancaster Steiner School
Lancaster Steiner School is an independent coeducational school in Lancaster, England, with classes for nursery, kindergarten and grades 1-5. The curriculum is based on the principles of Waldorf education established by Rudolf Steiner. In a 2010 report from Ofsted, the teaching at Lancaster Steiner School was described by inspectors as "frequently outstanding".
Lancaster Steiner School is a member of the Steiner Waldorf Schools Fellowship and follows the Waldorf school curriculum. The school is applying to become a state-funded Steiner Primary School in 2014. The school had earlier applied for free school status in 2010.
- Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted) (2010). "School Inspection Report". Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- Kate Proctor (17 May 2010). "Lancaster Steiner School receives 'outstanding' inspection". The Westmorland Gazette. Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- Steiner Waldorf Schools Fellowship. "Steiner Waldorf Schools Fellowship Directory". Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- "Lancaster Steiner Free School Project". Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- "Lancaster Steiner school's Free School status bid". BBC News Lancashire. 29 October 2010. Retrieved 2012-11-14.
|This Lancashire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|