Lancaster Township, Huntington County, Indiana
Location in Huntington County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.89 sq mi (93.0 km2)|
|• Land||35.63 sq mi (92.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.27 sq mi (0.7 km2) 0.75%|
|Elevation||801 ft (244 m)|
|• Density||32.3/sq mi (12.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453538|
Lancaster Township was founded in 1837.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.89 square miles (93.0 km2), of which 35.63 square miles (92.3 km2) (or 99.28%) is land and 0.27 square miles (0.70 km2) (or 0.75%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Mount Etna (northeast half)
- Huntington Township (north)
- Union Township (northeast)
- Rock Creek Township (east)
- Salamonie Township (southeast)
- Jefferson Township (south)
- Wayne Township (southwest)
- Polk Township (west)
- Dallas Township (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: German Settlement, Loon Creek and Rees.
- "Lancaster Township, Huntington County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Huntington County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1887. p. 690.