Lancaster Township, Jefferson County, Indiana
Location in Jefferson County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||32.23 sq mi (83.5 km2)|
|• Land||32.18 sq mi (83.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.16%|
|Elevation||794 ft (242 m)|
|• Density||47/sq mi (18/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453539|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 32.23 square miles (83.5 km2), of which 32.18 square miles (83.3 km2) (or 99.84%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.16%) is water. The streams of Middle Fork Creek and Turkey Branch run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Five Points
- Bigger Township, Jennings County (north)
- Monroe Township (east)
- Madison Township (southeast)
- Smyrna Township (south)
- Graham Township (southwest)
- Lovett Township, Jennings County (west)
- Montgomery Township, Jennings County (west)
The township contains five cemeteries: Bland, Clashman, College Hill, Nelson and Ogden.
- "Lancaster Township, Jefferson County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.