Landau, Luckman, and Lake
|Landau, Luckman, and Lake|
|First appearance||Wolverine #5 (March 1989)|
|Created by||Chris Claremont|
|Type of business||Holding company|
Landau, Luckman, and Lake or LLL is the name of a fictional holding company featured in the pages of the Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men and Deadpool comic books, published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Chris Claremont, the company was first mentioned in Wolverine #5 (March 1989).
Although Landau, Luckman, and Lake is an intergalactic holding company which oversees and manages a number of subsidiary companies such as a law firm of the same name, it is in reality a front organization for a private espionage contractor which, in turn, is controlled by a cabal conspiring to "immanentize the eschaton". Some of these companies provide cover, plausible occupations and means of income, for its covert agents. LLL is made up of a diverse mixture of personnel, drawn from intelligence or fringe scientific backgrounds. It possesses a precognitive department and interdimensional teleportation technology which makes its foresight and reach beyond imagination.
As a vast, shadow government-like organization with storehouses of dreadful secrets, staff being unknowingly used to further an agenda, and an interest in controlling the path humanity will take into an ominous future, the extent of Landau, Luckman, and Lake's influence behind the scenes of the major events in the Marvel Universe has yet to be revealed.
- Landau, Luckman, and Lake (first names all unknown). Senior partners at LLL.
Notable former employees
- Captain America. Agent 
- Chang - Agent. Killed in Wolverine #5.
- Deadpool - Agent
- Emmett - Office boy, only survivor of an attack by Chimera.
- Emmett - Agent. Helped Wolverine and Venom fight Chimera and Dirtnap.
- Gerry - Gerry Lequarre, senior partner, the "Fourth L" of LLL
- Zoe Culloden - Agent, Expiditer and former Overboss
- Overboss Dixon - Head of the Mithras Directive
- Noah DuBois - Telepathic agent
- Mikitan - Agent
- Montgomery - Montgomery Burns, precognitive agent.
- Wolverine - Agent
- Rose Wu - Also known as Rose Carling. Scientist and engineer specializing in interdimensional teleportation technology. Minor shapeshifting abilities.
- Landau, Luckman, and Lake at the Comic Book DB