Landau Forte College
|Vice Principals||S Bill / J Grant / M Andrews|
|DfE URN||135120 Tables|
|Houses||Landau 1/Landau 2/Forte 1/Forte 2|
|Colours||Navy, white and red|
|Website||Landau Forte College Derby|
Landau Forte College Derby (formerly Landau Forte College) is an Academy in Derby, England. The college was founded in 1992 as a City Technology College and its initial principal sponsors were Martin Landau and the Forte organisation. It became a City Academy on 1 September 2006. On 5 September 2012, Landau Forte College celebrated its 20th anniversary by unveiling a clock which overhangs the reception area.
Due to the College's recent status change from City Technology College to Academy, a greater intake for each year, plus an expanded sixth-form, is required. This expansion will bring the total number of students in the academy to over 1,200. To cope with the extra students, a new "Learning Centre" has been built. The new learning centre includes a Business Enterprise Centre, E-learning Centre, Presentation Suite, Art and Design Studios and teacher training facility whereby a classroom can be viewed electronically via cameras and microphones to aid teacher development. The new learning centre was completed for the 2007/08 academic year. In 2008, the intake of students has again increased from taking 150 year 7 students to 168 students per year.
Landau Forte Charitable Trust
Landau Forte Charitable Trust is the educational trust that runs Landau Forte College Derby as well as other Landau Forte Academies located in Tamworth, Staffordshire.
- "Landau Forte College". Landau Forte College. Retrieved 2008-04-24.
- "Details for Landau Forte College". Department for Children, Schools and Education. 23 January 2008. Retrieved 2008-04-24.
- Landau Forte College - About The College
- Learning Centre Information: http://www.landau-forte.org.uk/content/view/2/2/
- College Calendar: http://www.landau-forte.org.uk/content/view/20/3/
- Landau Forte Charitable Trust: http://www.landau-forte.org.uk/about/trust