Landmark Legal Foundation
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (July 2010)|
||This article may contain improper references to self-published sources. (July 2010)|
The Landmark Legal Foundation is conservative non-profit 501(c)3 legal advocacy group, with a $1 million annual budget. The President is Mark Levin. Through litigation and direct interfacing with government agencies, it advances a platform of limited government. Landmark has litigated a number of cases up to and before the US Supreme Court.
Landmark was founded in 1976 as an offshoot of The National Legal Center for the Public Interest with its focus on protecting individual rights, challenging the scope and authority of government, defending free enterprise, and exposing teachers' union fraud. Landmark has made efforts to scale back funding for non-profits which it holds to be political in nature but list no political expenditures on tax forms. The National Education Association has often been the subject of complaints to the IRS made by Landmark Legal. Throughout its history Landmark Legal Foundation has filed lawsuits against labor unions and has fought for legislation that would allow parents to direct public education funding toward their children's private schools, homeschooling, or school of choice.
Among its contributors are the Allegheny Foundation; Bradley Foundation; Carthage Foundation, Castle Rock Foundation; JM Foundation; Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation; Philip M. McKenna Foundation, Inc.; John M. Olin Foundation, Inc.; Sarah Scaife Foundation; and the Scaife Family Foundation.
- Landmark Legal Foundation on corporatepolicy.org
- Landmark Legal Foundation
- Steven Teles, 'Compassionate Conservatism, Domestic Policy, and the Politics of Ideational Change', in Crisis of Conservatism? The Republican Party, the Conservative Movement, & American Politics After Bush, Gillian Peele, Joel D. Aberbach (eds.), Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2011, p. 198
- "Landmark Legal Foundation Nominates Rush Limbaugh for 2007 Nobel Peace Prize".
- "Media Transparency: Recipient Grants: Landmark Legal Foundation".