|Address||3000 Pennsy Drive
Hyattsville, MD 20785
|Connections|| Metrobus: A12, F12
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Bicycle facilities||26 racks, 8 lockers|
|Opened||November 20, 1978|
|Owned by||Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority|
Landover is an island platformed Washington Metro station in Landover, Maryland, United States. The station was opened on November 20, 1978, and is operated by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA). Providing service for the Orange Line, the station is in a residential area of Landover at Pennsy Drive near Landover Road. It is primarily a commuter station, with parking for over 1,800 cars, but it also served the now-demolished Capital Centre, the former home of the Washington Bullets and Washington Capitals.
The station opened on November 20, 1978. Its opening coincided with the completion of 7.4 miles (11.9 km) of rail northeast of the Stadium–Armory station and the opening of the Cheverly, Deanwood, Minnesota Avenue and New Carrollton stations.
|Westbound||← Orange Line toward Vienna (Cheverly)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Eastbound||→ Orange Line toward New Carrollton (Terminus) →|
|M||Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket machines, station agent|
|G||Street Level||Exit/ Entrance|
- Feaver, Douglas B. (November 12, 1978), "Orange Line brings Metro to Beltway; Orange Line will bring Metro to P.G.", The Washington Post: C1
- Eisen, Jack; John Feinstein (November 18, 1978), "City-County fanfare opens Orange Line; Ceremonies open new Orange Line", The Washington Post: D1
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (July 2009). "Sequence of Metrorail openings". Retrieved August 2, 2010.
Media related to Landover (WMATA station) at Wikimedia Commons
- WMATA: Landover Station
- StationMasters Online: Landover Station
- The Schumin Web Transit Center: Landover Station
|This article relating to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Maryland train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|