From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Lane Baronets)
Lane baronets of Tulske, Roscommon (1661)
- Sir Richard Lane, 1st Baronet (died 5 October 1668)
- George Lane, 1st Viscount Lanesborough, 1676
- James Lane, 2nd Viscount Lanesborough 
Lane baronets, of Cavendish Square (1913)
- Sir William Arbuthnot-Lane, 1st Baronet (1856–1943)
- Sir William Arbuthnot-Lane, 2nd Baronet (7 June 1897–1972), a Scottish policeman. He attended Winchester College, worked in a field hospital in France in World War I, and then joined the RFC. He had his own pharmaceutical Company, Kaylene McQuaid Ltd, founded in 1928. He joined the Special Constabulary in 1926 and between 1951-8 he was Commandant in Chief of the Specials. He was awarded the CBE. He married in Marylebone 29 May 1937, Fritzi Szamvald Markus (born 25 August 1907, died Westminster 2 Dec 1976).
He had one daughter. On his death, the baronetcy became extinct.
- Leigh Rayment's list of baronets [self-published source][better source needed]
- Burke's Peerage & Baronetage. 1970.
- Debrett's Peerage & Baronetage. 1970.
- Who's Who. 1970.