|Headquarters||Kollaukamp 10, Hamburg - Germany|
|Services||Open source consultancy and engineering|
Lanedo provides professional open source software development consultancy globally, helping businesses to get innovative, Open Source based, products to market. Lanedo is one of the few highly specialized companies that can guarantee optimum interaction with Open Source communities by providing businesses with experienced developers from Open Source communities such as LibreOffice, NetworkManager/ModemManager (part of the NetworkManager project) and GTK+.
Lanedo is a European company with limited liability based in Hamburg. The company has been involved with a number of mobile and embedded platforms over the years including Maemo and MeeGo. Their software development has a focus around Linux in general and targeting platforms ranging from mobile and embedded to desktop environments.
The name 'Lanedo' is based on a roughly phonetic sounding of the letters L, N, and D. These are mentioned as Linux, Networking, and Development respectively.
After 5 years, the founders stepped back, and the business and people continued in a new company called Lanedo founded by Tim Janik and Martyn Russell in early 2009. Mikael and Richard started a new company called TinyBird Interactive AB to work together and focus on OS X application development. As of February 2009 Imendio AB got split into Tinybird Interactive AB and Landeo GmbH.
Since summer 2012, Lanedo, in cooperation with ITOMIG, are supporting the town of Munich in the LibreOffice maintenance of the LiMux project. Lanedo is also actively participating in implementing the OOXML support for LibreOffice.
Projects Lanedo is involved in
These projects are contributed to by Lanedians.
|LibreOffice||Free office suite|
|NetworkManager / ModemManager||Modem and Network connectivity suite|
|libqmi||Qualcomm's modem protocol library|
|libmbim||Mobile Broadband Interface Model library|
|Tracker||Semantic data store, indexer and a search engine|
|GIMP||GNU Image Manipulation Program|
|GTK+ / GLib / GIO / Gvfs||Cross platform User Interface toolkit|
|Gossip||XMPP chat client|
|Giggle||GIT source code repository browser|
|BEAST||Music composition and synthesis|
|Rapicorn||User Interface toolkit|
|GNU PDF||PDF file format library|
|Getting Things GNOME!||TODO / task based graphical application|
|WebKit||Open Source web browser engine|
|Linux kernel||Operating system kernel used by Linux systems|
- "Lanedo Involvement - MeeGo".
- "Lanedo - About".
- "Interview with Mikael Hallendal Founder of Imendio about company inception and purpose".
- "Document Foundation appoints Engineering Steering Committee". Archived from the original on 8 December 2013.
- "Nehmen und Geben (German article)".
- "Improved OOXML support for LibreOffice and OpenOffice". Archived from the original on 7 December 2013.
- "Lanedo Involvement - LibreOffice".
- "NetworkManager & ModemManager Support".
- "Lanedo Involvement - NetworkManager".
- "ModemManager Wiki".
- "libqmi source code repository for Qualcomm's QMI modem protocol".
- "libmbim source code repository for the Modem Broadband Interface Model protocol".
- "Lanedo Involvement - Tracker".
- "GTK+ Support".
- "Giggle – GNOME wiki".
- "GNU PDF Project".
- "Getting Things GNOME Project".
- "Lanedo Involvement - WebKit".
- "Lanedo Involvement - Linux Kernel".