From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (February 2009)|
This article is about the German town. For the Welsh parish and village formerly known as Lan- or Llangeneu, see Clydau.
|• Mayor||Wolfgang Mangold|
|• Total||75.00 km2 (28.96 sq mi)|
|Elevation||458 m (1,503 ft)|
|• Density||190/km2 (490/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Main article: List of twin towns and sister cities in Germany
Langenau is twinned with:
- Albeck in Carinthia (Austria),
- Brand-Erbisdorf in Sachsen (Germany),
- Bridgend in Wales (Great Britain) and
- Somberek (Hungary).
- The acting Bavarian war minister Albrecht Besserer von Thalfingen (1787–1839) was born in Langenau.
- Robert Bosch (1861-1942), founder of the Robert Bosch GmbH
- Gottlob Honold (1876–1923), engineer and inventor
- Hansjörg Schlager (1948–2004), sportsman (ski)
- There were plans for a federal highway Bundesautobahn 86 with an exit for Langenau until the 1970s.
- The German Armed Forces Military History Research Office was situated there from 1957 to 1958.
- There is a village in Poland Langowo (German: Langenau), that belongs to Baborów
- [Statistisches Bundesamt – Gemeinden in Deutschland mit Bevölkerung am 31.12.2012 (XLS-Datei; 4,0 MB) (Einwohnerzahlen auf Grundlage des Zensus 2011) "Gemeinden in Deutschland mit Bevölkerung am 31.12.2012"]. Statistisches Bundesamt (in German). 12 November 2013.
|This Alb-Donau-Kreis location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|