Langhorne Manor, Pennsylvania
|Borough of Langhorne Manor|
Residential neighborhood in Langhorne Manor, Pennsylvania.
|Elevation||220 ft (67.1 m)|
|Area||0.6 sq mi (1.6 km2)|
|- land||0.6 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2), 0%|
|Density||1,559.7 / sq mi (602.2 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Langhorne Manor is a borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,422 at the 2010 census, a 55.6% increase from the 2000 census. The mayor of Langhorne Manor is Bob Byrne.
Langhorne Manor is located at (40.165859, -74.917795).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.6 square miles (1.6 km2), all of it land.
As of the 2010 census, the borough was 89.9% Non-Hispanic White, 4.1% Black or African American, 0.2% Native American, 1.5% Asian, and 1.7% were two or more races. 3.3% of the population were of Hispanic or Latino ancestry .
As of the census of 2000, there were 927 people, 330 households, and 258 families residing in the borough. The population density was 1,559.7 people per square mile (606.6/km²). There were 336 housing units at an average density of 565.3 per square mile (219.9/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 94.28% White, 3.24% African American, 0.11% Native American, 1.40% Asian, 0.43% from other races, and 0.54% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.08% of the population.
There were 330 households out of which 31.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.2% were married couples living together, 10.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.8% were non-families. 14.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.81 and the average family size was 3.14.
In the borough the population was spread out with 23.6% under the age of 18, 7.1% from 18 to 24, 30.6% from 25 to 44, 25.5% from 45 to 64, and 13.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 94.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.4 males.
The median income for a household in the borough was $67,500, and the median income for a family was $77,721. Males had a median income of $45,833 versus $35,781 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $27,302. About 1.6% of families and 2.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.3% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
Langhorne Manor Borough is one of six municipalities served by the Neshaminy School District. During the past three years, two Langhorne area middle schools, Neshaminy Middle School which has recently closed and Maple Point Middle School, have been awarded the Blue Ribbon, National Schools of Excellence Award. Students residing in Langhorne Manor Borough attend: Oliver Heckman Elementary School, Maple Point Middle School, or Neshaminy High School.
Cairn University is located in Langhorne Manor Borough.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Resident Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- Borough of Langhorne Manor - Official Web Site of the Borough of Langhorne Manor
- LanghorneAlive.com - Community Website for Langhorne and Surrounding Areas
- BucksCountyAlive.com - Community Website for Bucks County, PA