Langit sa Piling Mo
|Langit sa Piling Mo|
|Created by||Senedy Que|
|Directed by||Gil Tejada Jr.|
|Theme music composer||Vehnee Saturno|
|Opening theme||"Hulog ng Langit"
sung by Frencheska Farr & Geoff Taylor
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||80 episodes|
|Executive producer(s)||Michele Borja|
|Producer(s)||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Running time||30–45 minutes (approx. 25 minutes w/o commercials)|
|Original channel||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original run||May 31, 2010 – September 17, 2010|
Langit sa Piling Mo or Heaven With You (International title) is a Filipino drama series produced by GMA Network, developed by Senedy Que and directed by Gil Tejada, Jr. The series featured Heart Evangelista, Mark Herras and Katrina Halili as the lead characters. It premiered May 31, 2010. Internationally, it is aired on GMA Pinoy TV with a two-day delay. From July 5, 2012 until October 12, 2012 GMA Life TV aired its English-dubbed version worldwide.
Shot mainly at the vast Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 in Pasay City, the unusual setting picked by the creative team renders more color to the tale of love, self-discovery and destiny.
Creative heads Jun Lana, Aloy Adlawan and RJ Nuevas required the cast members to strictly observe instructions and guidelines given by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines, the Manila International Airport and professional cabin crew instructors to make their respective roles convincing before the audience.
But the background along with the tourist destinations serves part only of the program's overall appeal.
The network's Senior Program Manager Redgie Acuna-Magno said during the press conference last May 25 at Studio 5 of the GMA Network Center in Quezon City, that... "This is the first time for Heart Evangelista and Mark Herras to be paired and we saw it already in AVP [Audio Video Presentation] that they have chemistry, so we are very positive that their team-up will work,"
"And this is an original story and all creative and writers are worked together to come up with a different love story this time", she added.
It tells the story of Marj, a strong-willed domestic flight attendant who takes every opportunity to travel to look for her long-lost siblings.
Blessed with good looks and a pure heart, Marj's only priority is to be reunited with her real parents and siblings who were taken away from her 15 years ago. Even though she has many admirers, she has no plans of falling in love until she and her family are together once again in their rundown home that she is currently rebuilding.
Marj doesn't know that her younger brother Felix has been living on the streets and has become involved in carnapping and an akyat-bahay gang. Her younger sister Joy now supports her studies by being a sexy pole dancer at night.
Rigo, on the other hand, is a handsome but immature son of the owner of Eagle Airways. He is engaged to be married to the spiteful Aurora, who is the scion of a highly influential clan in Cebu. His father Rodrigo was an airline tycoon who was killed for mysterious reasons.
The two—Marj and Rigo—form an unlikely understanding with the latter helping the likable flight attendant in her search. Marj, on the other hand, enlightens Rigo on life's complexities and painful realizations. In fact, it was Marj who informs Rigo that his fiancé has been cheating on him all this time.
A dark secret curiously involving Marj and Rigo's respective families, unfortunately, will test their feelings for each other.
Cast of characters
- Heart Evangelista as Margarita "Marj" Rosales / Marietta Flores
- Mark Herras as Rodrigo "Rigo" Hilario III / Thirdy
- JC Tiuseco as Jerry Narciso
- Daniel Matsunaga as Xavier Cruz
- Katrina Halili as Aurora Ty
- Tonton Gutierrez as Stanley Ty
- Maritoni Fernandez as Gloria Hilario
- Joonee Gamboa as Rodrigo Hilario, Sr.
- Sylvia Sanchez as Mely Rosales
- Jay Aquitania as Felix Flores
- Ryza Cenon as Candy / Joy Flores
- Marky Lopez as Jay de Guzman
- Say Alonzo as Pacita "Cita" Alonzo
- Joanne Quintas as Bianca Quimpo
- Evelyn Vargas as Evangeline Amparo
- Philip Lazaro as Pebbles Manalo
- Soliman Cruz as Ador Pinlac
- Carlo Gonzales as William Jimenez
- Marco Morales as Warren Tuazon
- Ricardo Cepeda as Rodrigo "Rod" Hilario, Jr.
- Sheryl Cruz as Alma Flores
- Rey "PJ" Abellana as Juanito Flores
- Sheena Halili as Bernadette "Berna" Soriano
- Dex Quindoza as King
- Stef Prescott as Jenny /Fake Joy
- Sandy Talag as Young Marietta
- Miguel Tanfelix as Young Thirdy
- Ella Guevara as Young Aurora
- Elijah Magundayao as Young Felix
- Mikaela Dimaculangan as Young Joy
- Hansen Nichols as Frank Salas
- Jen Rosendahl as Jennifer Salas
The theme song of the show entitled "Hulog ng Langit" was originally performed by Donna Cruz.