|Studio album by Sun Ra|
|Recorded||July 17, 1978|
|Genre||Avant-garde jazz, fusion, experimental music|
|Label||Philly Jazz (LP)
Evidence records (CD)
|Sun Ra chronology|
|All About Jazz||favorable|
Lanquidity is a jazz album by Sun Ra and his Arkestra released in 1978.
It is quite different from his earlier recordings, drawing heavily on funk, R&B and jazz fusion. Lanquidity is also unusual in featuring two guitarists, which were seldom used in the Arkestra. The funk influence is also considerable, especially on "That's How I Feel". The mentioned track also contains a prominent tenor sax solo by John Gilmore, Sun Ra's sideman from the '50s until Sun Ra's death in 1993.
- "Lanquidity" – 8:19
- "Where Pathways Meet" – 6:30
- "That's How I Feel" – 8:09
- "Twin Stars of Thence" – 9:30
- "There Are Other Worlds (They Have Not Told You Of)" – 10:58
- Sun Ra: Organ, Synthesizer, Piano, Arranger, Keyboards, Organ (Hammond), Piano (Electric), Vocals, Bells, Producer, Arp, Fender Rhodes, Orchestra Bells, Mini Moog
- John Gilmore: Sax (Tenor)
- Danny Ray Thompson: Flute, Sax (Baritone)
- Eddie Gale: Trumpet
- Michael Ray: trumpet, flugelhorn
- Marshall Allen: Flute, Oboe, Sax (Alto)
- Luqman Ali: Percussion
- Artaukatune: Drums,Tympani
- Disco Kid: ( Slo Johnson ) Guitar
- Dale Williams: guitar
- Atakatun Odun: Congas
- Elo Omoe: Flute, Clarinet (Bass)
- Julian Pressley: Sax (Baritone)
- Richard Williams: bass
- James Jacson: oboe, basson, flute, voices
- June Tyson: voices
- Wuethrich, Matthew (12 January 2003). "Sun Ra | Lanquidity". allaboutjazz.com. Retrieved 11 September 2011.
- Ruhlmann, William. Lanquidity at AllMusic
- "Sun Ra - Lanquidity CD Album". CD Universe. Muze. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- Christgau, Robert (February 6, 2001). "Pazz & Jop Preview". The Village Voice (New York: Village Voice Media). p. 2. Retrieved 2012-07-14.