Lantern Books is an American book publisher since 1998, first located in Union Square (New York City), and now with offices in Brooklyn. It "publishes books for all wanting to live with greater spiritual depth and commitment to the preservation of the natural world." The subject areas that Lantern Books covers include vegetarianism, environmentalism, animal advocacy, spirituality, natural healing, and social justice. Lantern Books is a division of Booklight Incorporated. Lantern Books distributes books published by American Mental Health Foundation Books, Chiron Publications, Samhita Publications, Ryce Publications, and Stealth Technologies. Lantern is in turn distributed by Steiner Books (dedicated to books by and about Rudolf Steiner).
Lantern Books is the publisher of 2004 Nobel Peace Prize-winning author Wangari Maathai’s book The Green Belt Movement. Other notable authors include Carol J. Adams, Steven Best, Brooks Brown, Bruce Friedrich, Thomas Keating, Andrew Linzey, Jo-Anne McArthur, Ingrid Newkirk, Richard H. Schwartz, Jens Söring, Will Tuttle, Ruth Westheimer, and Patricia Wright.
Notable books published
- Rosebraugh, Craig. Burning Rage of a Dying Planet: Speaking for the Earth Liberation Front, 2004. ISBN 1-59056-064-7
- Best, Steven, and Nocella, Anthony J. Terrorists or Freedom Fighters? Reflections on the Liberation of Animals, 2004. ISBN 1-59056-054-X
- Brown, Brooks, and Merritt, Rob. "No Easy Answers: The Truth Behind Death at Columbine", 2002. ISBN 978-1-59056-031-0
- Keating, Thomas. "Fruits and Gifts of the Spirit", 2007. ISBN 978-1-930051-21-8
- Miedzian, Myriam. "Boys Will Be Boys," 2002. ISBN 978-1-59056-035-8
- McArthur, Jo-Anne. "We Animals," 2014. ISBN 978-1-59056-426-4
- Tuttle, Will. "The World Peace Diet," 2005. ISBN 1-59056-083-3
- Wright, Patricia. "High Moon Over the Amazon," 2013. ISBN 978-1-59056-421-9
|This article about a United States publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|