Lanterns on the Lake
|Lanterns On The Lake|
|Origin||Newcastle-upon-tyne, United Kingdom|
Lanterns On The Lake formed in 2007.
They self-released two EPs and a single before signing to the Bella Union record label in December 2010. Soon after the band provided a track for Bella Union's Christmas 10" EP along with new label mates Peter Broderick and Phil Selway.
The band released their debut album Gracious Tide, Take Me Home on 19 September 2011. The album was recorded by the band in their homes and produced by the band's guitarist Paul Gregory. The album received mainly positive reviews and received a metacritic rating of 74.
The band's follow up album Until The Colours Run was released on 7 October 2013 in UK and Europe. The album was recorded by the band during a time of financial uncertainty and personal problems. The album received positive reviews, receiving a metacritic rating of 84 with many reviewers noting its socio-political undertones. Drowned In Sound declared it "one of the best records of the young decade".
The band announced that Until The Colours Run would be released in North America on 14 January 2014 with their first North American tour to follow.
Lanterns On The Lake have supported Explosions In The Sky on their UK tour including the O2 Academy, Brixton. The band has also toured with Low, including a performance at the Royal Festival Hall in London  and with Yann Tiersen, including a performance at The Roundhouse 
In early 2014 they embarked on their first tour of the USA 
- Hazel Wilde – vocals, guitar, piano
- Paul Gregory – guitar, backing vocals, laptop
- Oliver Ketteringham – drums, piano
- Andy Scrogham – bass
- Sarah Kemp – violin
- Brendan Sykes - bass
- Adam Sykes – vocals, guitar, piano
Albums and EPs
- The Starlight EP (EP, 2008)
- Misfortunes and Minor Victories (EP, 2009)
- Gracious Tide, Take Me Home (LP, September 2011)
- Exclusive Rough Trade Bonus EP released with Gracious Tide, Take Me Home (EP, 2011)
- Low Tide (Remix EP, April 2012)
- Until The Colours Run (LP, October 2013)
- "Lungs Quicken" (2010)
- "Keep On Trying" (2011)
- "Another Tale From Another English Town" (2013)
- "Until The Colours Run" (2013)
- Contributed to Mojo magazine's Harrison Covered: A Tribute To George Harrison with a cover of The Beatles' "Long, Long, Long". (2011)
- O'Brien, Jon. Album review - Lanterns on the Lake: Gracious Tide, Take Me Home at AllMusic. Retrieved 17 April 2012.