This article is about the N*E*R*D
song. For the erotic dance activity, see Lap dance
"Lapdance" is a song by American funk rock band N*E*R*D from their 2001 album In Search Of.... The song features Vita and rapper Lee Harvey, and was produced by The Neptunes.
It was ranked No. 93 on VH1's "100 Greatest Songs of Hip Hop".
A remix of "Lapdance" by Trent Reznor appeared on the compilation album Spin This. Although it is censored, an uncensored version of the remix is available on a rare promo single disc.
Usage in other media
- The song has been featured in a number of films and trailers. In 2001, the song was included in the soundtrack of Kiss of the Dragon, starring Jet Li, Bridget Fonda and Tchéky Karyo.
- In 2003, the song was featured in the pilot for The WB teen drama One Tree Hill.
- "Lapdance" was featured in the 2003 video game "True Crime: Streets of LA"
- "Lapdance" was also featured in the 2003 superhero film Daredevil.
- In the 2009 video game DJ Hero, "Lapdance" is mixed with two songs: "The Big Beat" by Billy Squier and "Rockit" by Herbie Hancock. The latter was mixed by Grandmaster Flash.
- The instrumental for the song was featured in the 2011 episode of Black Mirror, "15 Million Merits", in an advertisement for the fictional pornographic show Wraith Babes.
- In 2013, "Lapdance" was used in the trailer for the film Identity Thief, starring Melissa McCarthy and Jason Bateman.
- In 2014, the song was used in the trailer for the film Penguins of Madagascar and featured in the film Step Up: All In.