Lappert's was founded by Walter Lappert when he retired to Hawaii with his second wife Mary and opened an ice cream store. The first batch of ice cream was created on the island of Kauai on December 21, 1983.
In addition to ice cream, the Lappert's roasts and sells gourmet coffee.
- Frommer, P. (2009) Pauline Frommer's Las Vegas p.51. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0470385286. Retrieved November 2011
- Brown, E. (2011) Scoop: 150 Specialty Ice Creams from the Nation's Best Creameries p.78. Running Press. ISBN 0762437987. Retrieved November 2011
- The Union Democrat (Jan 23, 1986) Hobbies turn into new job Retrieved November 2011
- Johnson, M.L., (2007) USA Today (Online) Grape-Nuts, dates, red beans: Regional ice cream shops mix it up Retrieved November 2011
- The Bryan Times (Jun 6, 2007) Regional ice cream flavours. Retrieved November 2011
- McLoughlin, K.L. (2008) Baby Steps p.163. Hillcrest Publishing Group. ISBN 0979912091. Retrieved November 2011
- Coble, C. (2005) Distant Echoes (Book 1 of Aloha Reef series) p.176. Thomas Nelson Inc. ISBN 0785260420. Retrieved November 2011
- Plakcy, N. (2010) Mahu Men: Mysterious & Erotic Stories p.26. ManLove Romance Press. ISBN 1608201295. Retrieved November 2011
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|