Bingle Worthington in September 2012
22 June 1987 |
Broken Hill, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Shoe size||(US) 7 ; (EU) 39|
Lara Bingle (born 22 June 1987) is an Australian fashion model, socialite, businesswoman, brand ambassador, fashion designer and television personality. She is best known for appearing in the 2006 Tourism Australia advertising campaign So where the bloody hell are you? Her own reality television series, Being Lara Bingle, premiered on Network Ten in June 2012.
Bingle was born 22 June 1987 to Graham and Sharon Bingle in Cronulla, New South Wales. She has one older brother, Josh Bingle. Bingle attended St Vincent's College at Potts Point before dropping out at 16 to move to Italy. Her father died in May 2008 from liver and pancreatic cancer.
Bingle has graced the cover of ELLE, Grazia, Oyster, CLEO and New Idea. Bingle has also appeared in episodes of Home and Away and other shows such as The Celebrity Apprentice Australia and Australia's Next Top Model.
Bingle competed on the Nine Network's celebrity ice dancing show Torvill and Dean's Dancing on Ice, where she was the last woman to be eliminated, resulting in coming runner-up in the series, and in the channel's ad for the 2006-2007 Ashes series. Nine re-hired Bingle in 2008 as a reporter for a new travel show, Holidays for Sale.
Bingle signed a one-year deal in 2008 with international phone company Vodafone as one of their official ambassadors. Bingle signed a three-year contract (2008–2011) with international icon swimwear label Speedo.
Bingle fired manager Max Markson in early May 2010, exclusively announcing it to Grazia magazine in an un-paid interview.
Bingle was announced as a contestant in the 2011 series of Dancing With The Stars. The series began airing in May. She was partnered with Carmelo Pizzino. Following her elimination from Dancing With The Stars on 26 June 2011, Bingle told The Kyle and Jackie O Show that she was shocked and upset at having been kicked off the show, given her competitive streak.
Bingle confirmed on 2DayFM's The Kyle and Jackie O Show that she was in the stages of creating a range of sunglasses and co-creating a coffee table beauty book with her best friend and make-up artist Max May. In June 2011, ROC Eyewear launched a campaign featuring Bingle as the face of the brand and Bingle confirmed a capsule collection is under way.
In December 2011, it was announced that Bingle had signed a development deal with Network Ten to star in her own reality television series. Ten commissioned a 10-episode reality television series. The series focuses on both Bingle's personal and professional life. For the series Bingle relocated to an $8 million Bondi apartment in the hope of making the series more appealing for potential overseas TV buyers. The series Being Lara Bingle premiered on 12 June 2012 to over 925,000 viewers, exceeding expectations, but met with mixed reviews from critics.
Bingle later announced that she will focus on developing her own fashion brand with business partner George Moskos (founder of Miranda Kerr's Kora Organics skin care range), since filming of her reality television series wrapped. The new fashion line is reported to be a lingerie/basics line. Bingle stated the line had been picked up by a major Australian retailer and would be available late 2013 and also stated she has become the new face of luxury watch brand Breitling and Australian fashion chain Cotton On. In November 2014, Lara Bingle launched a new tanning range called The Base. 
On 10 January 2007, Sydney tabloid The Daily Telegraph claimed that Bingle and Australian cricketer Michael Clarke were an item. On 25 March 2008 it was announced that the pair were engaged after Clarke proposed in New York. Clarke's public relations firm announced the ending of the engagement on 12 March 2010.
Bingle announced in 2014 that she was re-locating from Sydney to New York City. On 23 February 2014, Bingle's boyfriend Sam Worthington was arrested in New York City for assault, after punching a paparazzo named Sheng Li for kicking Bingle in the shin. Worthington was released on a desk appearance ticket and is due back in court on February 26. Li was arrested on charges of reckless endangerment, assault and harassment.
In May 2006, Bingle took legal action against EMAP Australia, who allegedly published photographs of the model without her permission in the 27 March 2006 issue of Australian men's magazine Zoo Weekly. Bingle claimed defamation by the manner in which the magazine published the photos.
On 2 March 2010, Bingle started proceedings to sue Brendan Fevola for breach of privacy, defamation and misuse of her image for the release of a nude photo in Woman's Day published on 1 March 2010. On 4 March 2010 it emerged that Bingle and her agent Max Markson had sold her story relating to this nude photo to the same magazine which had published the controversial photo, Woman's Day, for nearly A$200,000. This raised considerable controversy in that Bingle would discuss for large profit a matter she considered serious enough to sue over and from which she claimed to be hurt.
Whilst driving with a suspended license in Bondi, New South Wales on 14 May 2012, Bingle was involved in a traffic incident with a female motorcyclist, and fled the scene without exchanging details with the injured rider. Appearing in Waverley Court on 18 September 2012, Bingle was fined $3,500 and received a further 12-month driving ban and an 18-month good behaviour bond. She had previously lost her licence because she had committed at least another 6 driving offences in 2012. On the same licence suspension, she was caught driving twice more in October and November 2013, and is now serving a suspended jail sentence for 2 years.
|2006||Torvill and Dean's Dancing on Ice||Herself / Contestant||Sixth contestant eliminated|
|2008||Getaway||Herself / Guest reporter||One episode|
|2008||Holidays for Sale||Herself / Reporter|
|2011||Dancing With The Stars||Herself / Contestant||Seventh contestant eliminated|
|2011||The Celebrity Apprentice Australia||Herself / Special guest||Challenge 7|
|2011||Australia's Next Top Model||Herself / Special guest||Season 7; episode 11|
|2012||The Project||Herself / Guest||One episode|
|2012||Being Lara Bingle||Herself||10 episodes|
- Murdoch, Scott (5 December 2006). "What did we get for $180m?". Adelaide Now (news.com.au). Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- Patty, Anna (8 June 2010). "Lara Bingle wants her slice of Michael Clarke's fortune". Perth Now. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- Allen, Rod (11 May 2008). "Bingle's father loses battle". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 11 May 2008.
- "Sam Worthington’s manager Jessica Carrera takes on Lara Bingle after burning through seven minders". "The Daily Telegraph Australia".
- O'Neill, Marnie (13 April 2008). "Lara Bingle's new travel show". News.com.au. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Bingle's back with Speedo contract". The Sunday Telegraph (News.com.au). 13 January 2008. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Bowel Cancer Australia launches Love My Family Campaign featuring Lara Bingle" (PDF). Bowel Cancer Australia. 5 June 2009. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- Rose, Danny (13 September 2009). "Bingle fronts bowel cancer campaign". Nine News. nineMSN. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- Frith, Maxine (23 March 2009). "Lara Bingle: Independence Day - Hitting the headlines". Grazia. nineMSN. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "Lara Bingle now part of the NY elite". The Daily Telegraph (Australia). 11 August 2010. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "2011 Dancing with the Stars Cast Revealed!". Yahoo7 TV. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Lara Bingle Interview". Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Is Lara Bingle the business?". The Daily Telegraph (Australia). 25 March 2011.
- "Lara Bingle for ROC eyewear". Grazia ninemsn.com. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011.
- "Lara Bingle to leave luxury Bondi digs after filming wraps up for reality TV show Being Lara". The Daily Telegraph (Australia). 29 May 2012.
- "Sydney Confidential: Did Lara Bingle's TV reality show Being Lara Bingle portray her as simple surfie chick or femme fatale?". The Daily Telegraph (Australia). 13 June 2012.
- "News.com.au:Lara gets ready to launch the base". News.com.au. 19 November 2014.
- Murphy, Noel (13 April 2011). "Lara Bingle new co-owner of Growlers restaurant with Darryn Lyons". Geelong Advertiser (Herald Sun). Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Pop Poll: Lara Bingle Re-Invents Herself as a Breakfast Radio Show Host". Popsugar Australia. 18 August 2010. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- Michael Clarke and Lara Bingle reportedly engaged News.com.au
- "Bingle and Clarke's engagement ends". news.com.au. 12 March 2010.
- "Sam Worthington says he is smitten with new squeeze Lara Bingle". Herald Sun. 18 October 2013.
- "'Avatar' actor Sam Worthington arrested in NYC". Yahoo. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Lara Bingle puts her side of the story". The Sydney Morning Herald. 28 May 2012. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "Intellectual Property & IT Insights: Lara Bingle sues men's magazine – protecting personality rights in Australia". Clayton Utz. 19 July 2006. Archived from the original on 1 September 2006.
- "Bingle bites back - sues men's mag". Sydney Morning Herald. 11 May 2006.
- NZPA (8 December 2006). "'Where the bloody hell are you' girl goes to court today". New Zealand Herald.
- Kerry O'Keeffe (2 March 2010). "ABC Sport - Bingle sues Fevola over nude photo". Abc.net.au. Retrieved 26 July 2010.
- "How Lara Bingle rubbed away the stress of nude photos and Brendan Fevola before Woman's Day deal". news.com.au. 5 March 2010.
- Meade, Amanda (15 March 2010). "Markson puts dollar value on Bingle's reputation". The Australian.
- "Confidential:Lara Bingle could score $200,000 over nude picture scandal". The Courier-Mail. 3 March 2010.
- "Magistrate Robbie Williams forces Lara Bingle off the road for a year". news.com.au. 18 September 2012.
- AAP (18 September 2012). "Lara's bingle costs model her driving licence". The Age.
- "Lara Bingle loses license over hit and run". CelebrityFix, ninemsn.com. September 2012.
- Emma Partridge (13 May 2014). "Lara Bingle given suspended jail sentence". The Age.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lara Bingle.|
- Official website
- Lara Bingle at the Internet Movie Database
- Lara Bingle at the Fashion Model Directory