Lara Jean Marshall
|Lara Jean Marshall|
|Born||Lara Jean Marshall
30 July 1988
London, England, United Kingdom
|Years active||1998 – present|
Early life and education
Marshall was four when her parents took her to see a stage production. She reportedly became so enthralled she refused to leave the theatre after the play's conclusion. Since then she has remained infatuated with acting, earning her first stage role at the age of seven in a minor part as the lamb in a Kidz for Kidz production of Charlotte's Web and later singing and dancing in Babes in Toyland for the People's Playhouse. It was not until being chosen as Young Eponine in Les Misérables for Cameron Mackintosh's 10th Anniversary presentation of the classic in Melbourne, that things began to look bright.
Marshall grew up in Mount Eliza, Victoria and attended Toorak College during her schooling years, graduating in 2006. In 2007, she completed at a foundation course in musical theatre at the Victorian College of the Arts before attending the Sydney Theatre School in 2008. Marshall then went on to further train at the Victorian College of the Arts (University of Melbourne) from 2009-2011, earning a Bachelor of Dramatic Art degree. In 2012, she took short courses at Ward Acting Studio in Melbourne, and in 2013, she trained in New York City at Susan Batson's studio and the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
The Saddle Club
Marshall was cast as Lisa Atwood #1 in "The Saddle Club" a television series based on a series of books written by Bonnie Bryant. First shown in 2001, the show, which has enjoyed significant success, was renewed for a second and third season, during which time it added various new characters and dilemmas for the girls to interact with and overcome. The show has earned much of its international success from its ability to draw in a fan base with a diverse age range. During the show's sporadic run, Marshall has released five albums with her co-stars, Sophie Bennett (Stevie Lake) and Keenan MacWilliam (Carole Hanson), under the name The Saddle Club, all of which have made the Australian charts with three earning "Gold" status. A number of singles have been released under the same name, with notable hits. The Saddle Club is still being shown on Popgirl and Horse Racing TV. The Saddle Club was on Discovery Kids until the channel shut down and became The Hub. Season three of The Saddle Club launched in fall 2008 with a different cast, due to the fact that the original cast were now young adults at the time of filming.
Sydney Royal Easter Show
|Midair||Sophie Mitchell||Short film|
|2013||Any Moment Now||Jill||Short film|
|2000||Waiting at the Royal||Young Girl||TV Movie|
|2001-2003||The Saddle Club||Lisa Atwood||(52 episodes)|
|2013||The Doctor Blake Mysteries||Violet Ashby||Guest role|
|1998||Les Miserables||Young Eponine||Melbourne only|
Lara Jean Marshall recorded some CDs for "The Saddle Club".
The Saddle Club Discography
- Fun For Everyone (2002) – #45 Australia
- On Top of the World (2003) – #20 Australia
- Friends Forever (2003) – #38 Australia
- Secrets & Dreams (2004) – #49 Australia
- Hello World – The Best Of The Saddle Club (2004)
- Summer With The Saddle Club (2008)
- The Saddle Club – Greatest Hits (2009)
- Grand Gallop – Hello World (2009) – Released in France only.
- We Are The Saddle Club (2002) – Australia
- Hello World (2002) – #27 Australia #8 France
- Hey Hey What You Say (2003) – #20 Australia
- Hello World/Hey Hey What You Say (2003)
- Wonderland (2003) – #17 Australia
- Special Mane Event EP (2004)
- Boogie Oogie Oogie (2003) – #29 Australia
- Everybody Come On (2003)
- Undercover Movers And Shakers (2004) – #42 Australia
- L.I.F.E (2004) – #34 Australia
- Welcome To The Saddle Club (2004)
- Sleeping Under The Stars (2004)
- "Lisa Atwood – (played by Lara Marshall)". Saddle Club, ABC. Retrieved 2007-05-26.
- "Saddle Club - Lisa Atwood Series 2". Saddle Club. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "School Alumni". Sydney Theatre School. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Easter Show shocker". The Sydney Morning Herald. 2 April 2004. Retrieved 2007-04-26.