|Traded as||NYSE: LPI|
|Industry||Oil and gas|
|Headquarters||Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States|
|Key people||Chairman: Randy A. Foutch|
|Products||Gas and oil|
|Revenue||$ 588.08 million (2012)|
|Net income||$ 61.65 million (2012)|
Laredo Petroleum Holdings, Inc. is an independent energy company focused on the exploration, development and acquisition of oil and natural gas primarily in the Permian Basin and Mid-Continent regions of the United States. The company reported proved reserves of 137,000 million barrels of oil equivalent for the first six months of 2011 and had interests in about 1,000 gross producing wells.
Laredo Petroleum Holdings, Inc. was incorporated in August 2011 pursuant to the laws of the State of Delaware for purposes of a corporate reorganization and initial public offering. The company (NYSE: LPI) launched its initial public offering on December 16, 2011. Since Laredo went public its stock price had risen 55% as of September 16, 2013.
In May, 2013, Laredo sold its assets in the Anadarko Basin in western Oklahoma and Texas to affiliates of EnerVest Ltd for $438 million to raise capital for its drilling activities in the Permian Basin. As of September 2013, Laredo had drilled over 75 horizontal wells targeting four horizons: the Upper Wolfcamp, the Middle Wolfcamp, the Lower Wolfcamp, and the Cline.
- Randy A. Foutch, Chairman and CEO
- Jay P Still, President and COO
- Richard C. Buterbaugh, Executive Vice President and CFO
- "LAREDO PETROLEUM’S FOUTCH RECEIVES 2012 ENTREPRENEUR AWARD" (Press release).
- "Hoover's - Laredo Petroleum Holdings, Inc. Revenue and Financial Data".
- "WSJ Marketwatch - Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc.".
- "NYT - Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc.".
- "LPI annual report for 2012".
- "Laredo Petroleum Holdings, Inc. - Company profile from Hoover's".
- "Laredo Petroleum Holdings, Inc. (Form S-1/A)".
- "Laredo Petroleum boasts 15 of the top 20 wells in the Cline and Wolfcamp Formations".
- "Laredo Petroleum exits Anadarko Basin with $438 mln asset sale".
- "Laredo Petroleum Holdings Larger Than S&P 500 Component Allegheny Technologies".
- "Laredo Petroleum Holdings Moves Up In Market Cap Rank, Passing Cablevision Systems".
- "Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc".