|Region||Fars and Hormozgan provinces|
|unknown (undated figure of 80,000)|
Lari, also known as Larestani (Persian: لاری or Persian: لارستانی), is a southwestern Iranian language related to Luri and Persian. It is spoken in the Larestan (Lar) region of Fars province and in some parts of Hormozgan province (including Bastak) in the south of Iran.
There are ergative structure in Lari verbal morphology, which is distinct from Persian.
Lari has several dialects: Khonji, Lari, Gerashi, Evazi, Fedaghi, Aradi, Bastaki, Fishvari, Khookherdi.
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2013)|
- L. Khonji, Negaresh Tafsili bar Zabane Larestani va Guyeshe Khonji (2009). Comprehensive Study of the Larestani Language and Khonji Dialect, Shiraz: Ilaf Press.
- Mirdehghan, Mahinnaz & Ourang, Muhammed (2013). An Analytic Study of the Grammatical Tenses in the Lari Language. International Review of Social Sciences and Humanities (IRSSH),10 (3).
- Moridi, Behzad & Ourang, Muhammed. Derivational Morphemes in the Lari Language: Limitations and Applications, Second National Conference on Farsi Language Teaching and Linguistics, Shiraz Islamic Azad University, Shiraz, Iran. May 2013.
- Mirdehqan, Mahinnaz., Morodi, Behzad, & Ourang, Muhammed. The Effectiveness of Task-based Approach in Teaching Local Dialects, Interdisciplinary Linguistics Conference (ILinC), Belfast University, Ireland, September, 2012.
- Mirdehqan, Mahinnaz., Morodi, Behzad, & Ourang, Muhammed. Teaching to speakers of local dialects through task-based syllabus: requirements, limitations and applications (the case study of teaching Persian to speakers of Lari dialect), Third International Conference on Foreign Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics (FLTAL), International Burch University, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. May 2013.
- Moridi Behzad & Ourang, Muhammed (forthcoming, 2013). Lari Grammar: A Contrastive Analysis with Persian. Shiraz: Hamsaye Center of Publication.
- Morodi, Behzad, & Ourang, Muhammed (2013). Preserving Endangered Iranian Languages through Applied Linguistic Approach: The Case Study of the Lari Language. Global Conference on Linguistics and Foreign-Language Teaching (LINELT), Turkey.
- A. Eghtedari, (1990). Larestane Kohan va Farhange Larestani (Ancient Larestan and Larestani Culture). Tehran: Jahne Moaser Publication.
- A. Eghtedari, (2005). Zabane Larestani (Larestani Language). Tehran: Hamsaye Publication Centre.
- Moridi Behzad & Ourang, Muhammed (in preparation, 2013). Teaching Persian to Lari Speakers: Applied Linguistics Considerations.
|This Iran-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Indo-European languages-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|