|— Gymnast —|
Iordache in 2014
|Full name||Larisa Andreea Iordache|
June 19, 1996 |
|Height||1.50 m (4 ft 11 in)|
|Discipline||Women's artistic gymnastics|
|Level||Senior International Elite|
|Head coach(es)||Octavian Bellu|
|Assistant coach(es)||Mariana Bitang, Florin Cotutiu|
|Former coach(es)||Lacramioara Moldovan, Claudiu Moldovan, Gheorghe Orban, Ramona Micu, Adela Popa, Daniel Nistor, Aurica Nistor|
|Music||Jaiya Ho from Ramayana: The Epic|
|World ranking||1 (CII All Around, 2013-14)|
Larisa Andreea Iordache (Romanian pronunciation: [laˈrisa anˈdree̯a jorˈdake]; born June 19, 1996) is a Romanian artistic gymnast, the current leader of Romania's senior women's artistic gymnastics team. She is a 5-time European gold medalist and a 7-time gold medalist at the World Cups. She is also a World and Olympic bronze medalist.
Larisa Iordache began gymnastics at the age of five. She was taking ballet classes but wanted to begin gymnastics after watching it on TV and her grandmother took her to her first event. She has an older brother, Răzvan, who plays soccer.
In April, Iordache competed at the 2010 European Women's Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Birmingham, United Kingdom. She contributed an all around score of 55.550 towards the Romanian team's second place finish and individually she placed third in the all around final with a score of 55.675. In event finals, she placed fourth on vault scoring 13.862, second on balance beam scoring 14.575, and tied first on floor scoring 14.275.
In September, Iordache competed at the Romanian Championships in Resita, Romania. She won the all around competition with a score of 58.400.
In October, Iordache competed at the Schiltigheim International in Schiltigheim, France. She won the all around final with a score of 58.000. In event finals, she placed second on vault scoring 14.350, first on uneven bars scoring 14.250, first on balance beam scoring 14.900, and first on floor scoring 14.500.
In June, Iordache competed at the Gym Festival in Trnava, Slovakia. She won the all around final with a score of 59.500. In event finals, she placed first on uneven bars scoring 14.250, first on balance beam scoring 15.600, and first on floor scoring 14.850.
Later in June, Iordache competed in an international meet against the United Kingdom, in Lilleshall, United Kingdom. She helped the Romanian team win first place and individually she won the all around competition with a score of 58.300.
In May, Iordache competed as a guest at the French Team Championships in Toulouse, France. She contributed an all around score of 58.800 towards Alliance Dijon's first place finish.
In July, Iordache competed at the 2011 European Youth Summer Olympic Festival in Trabzon, Turkey. She contributed an all around score of 57.800 towards the Romanian team's second place finish and individually she won the all around final with a score of 57.550. In event finals, she placed second on vault scoring 14.225, second on uneven bars scoring 13.475, first on balance beam scoring 15.000 and first on floor scoring 14.275.
In April, Iordache competed at an international meet against France in Cholet, France. She helped Romania to win the team competition and individually she won the all around with a score of 60.150.
Later in April, Iordache competed at an international meet against Germany and the United Kingdom in Ulm, Germany. She helped Romania to win the team competition and individually she won the all around with a score of 59.750.
In May, Iordache competed at the 2012 European Women's Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Brussels, Belgium. She contributed an all around score of 58.757 towards the Romanian team's first place finish. In event finals, she placed second on balance beam with a score of 15.133 and first on floor with a score of 15.233. Her coach Octavian Belu said, "Larisa has all the qualities to clinch great results. It was her first time in a big competition like that, but she did really well."
At the beginning of July, Iordache competed at an international meet against France, Germany, and Italy in Bucharest, Romania. She helped Romania to win the team competition and individually she won the all around with a score of 60.850.
At the end of July, Iordache competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom. Prior to the competition, she developed Plantar fasciitis in her left foot causing severe pain. Her coach, Mariana Bitang said, "We don't know what will happen — it depends how things go after this. If she's fine, she will do all events to qualify to the all-around final. It's hard to say now." She helped the Romanian team qualify fourth to the team final and individually she qualified to the all around final with a score of 57.800. In the team final, she contributed scores of 14.800 on vault, 13.766 on uneven bars, and 15.300 on balance beam toward the Romanian team's third place finish. Iordache said, "You always want to do better, but any Olympic medal is important for a team. We are happy." She placed ninth in the all around final with a score of 57.965 and sixth in the balance beam final with a score of 14.200.
At the 6th Doha FIG World Challenge Cup in Qatar, Iordache placed second on the vault final behind Phan Thi Ha Thanh with a score of 14.675, and seventh on the uneven bars final with a score of 13.325 on 28 March 2013. On 29 March, she placed first on the balance beam final ahead of Zeng Siqi and Gabrielle Jupp with a score of 15.500, and second on the floor exercise final behind Diana Bulimar with a score of 14.425.
At the 2013 European Championships in Moscow, Iordache had a fantastic start qualifying first to the all around finals and beam finals, second to floor finals, and fourth to vault finals. At the all around finals, Iordache had a great start, performing a routine of the score 14.833 on beam, 14.866 on floor, and 14.9 on vault. In the final rotation, she performed an average routine on bars and scored 13.833, which bumped her to second place after Aliya Mustafina of Russia. In the vault final on 20 April, Iordache tied with Dutch gymnast Noël van Klaveren for second place with a score of 14.466. After this she won silver in the floor final and gold in the beam final.
In October, Iordache competed at the 2013 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Antwerp, Belgium. In the all-around final, she tried to stay close to her rivals. On vault, her double twisting yurchenko was very clean, and she showed improvements on bars, her weakest event (14.200). On beam, she did a back handspring full twist, but then fell on her round off layout (13.833). She finished strong on floor, hitting most of her landings (14.700) for 4th place. In the beam final, she fell on her back handspring full twist, and only scored 13.933, ranked 7th. However, in the floor exercise final, she managed to grab the bronze medal with a double twisting double tuck, a full twisting double tuck and a double pike (14.600). This is also her first medal in the World Championships.
In the 2014 European Championships, Iordache was the most successful gymnast. She was the only one to qualify to all four apparatus finals, the only one to win two gold medals and the most decorated gymnast of the championships (with a total of four). Iordache was also voted as "Miss European Championships" in the 2014 edition.
|2009||Top Gym Trophy||3rd||1st||7th||1st|
|2010||Romanian International Championships||1st||1st|
|European Youth Summer Olympic Festival||2nd||1st||2nd||2nd||1st||1st|
|Doha World Cup||5th|
|2013||Doha World Cup||2nd||6th||1st||2nd|
|Anadia World Cup||1st||1st|
|Romanian National Championships||2nd||1st||1st||1st||2nd|
|Stuttgart World Cup||2nd|
|Glasgow World Cup||1st|
|2014||Doha World Cup||1st||1st||1st|
|Romanian National Championships||1st||1st||1st||2nd||1st|
- Larisa Iordache. sports-reference.com
- "Larisa Andreea Iordache". BBC. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "Larisa Iordache – Video, News, Results, Photos". NBC Olympics. Retrieved 2012-07-16.[dead link]
- TEAM DETAILLED RESULTS JUNIORS TEAM COMPETITION AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR CII & CI. 28th EUROPEAN ARTISTIC GYMNASTICS TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS, BIRMINGHAM (GBR) April 28th May 2nd 2010
- "International Gymnast Magazine Online – Komova Wins Junior European Title". Intlgymnast.com. 2010-04-30. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "International Gymnast Magazine Online – Tweddle, Russia Bid Golden Farewell to Birmingham". Intlgymnast.com. 2010-05-02. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "International Gymnast Magazine Online – Porgras, Koczi Defend Romanian Titles". Intlgymnast.com. 2010-09-18. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "International Gymnast Magazine Online – France, Romania Best in Schiltigheim". Intlgymnast.com. 2010-10-10. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "International Gymnast Magazine Online – Iordache Invincible at Gym-Festival of Trnava". Intlgymnast.com. 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "International Gymnast Magazine Online – Iordache Leads Romania Over British Juniors". Intlgymnast.com. 2011-06-18. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "International Gymnast Magazine Online – Guests Star at French Team Championships". Intlgymnast.com. 2011-05-21. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- TEAM RESULTS. trabzon2011.org
- INDIVIDUALS RESULTS. trabzon2011.org
- INDIVIDUALS RESULTS. trabzon2011.org
- Apparatus Results. trabzon2011.org
- Meet Results Women. 2012 AT&T American Cup. usagym.org
- 5TH FIG ARTISTIC GYMNASTICS CHALLENGE CUP. sportcentric.com (29 March 201)
- "International Gymnast Magazine Online – Iordache Powers Romania to First in France". Intlgymnast.com. 2012-04-21. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- "International Gymnast Magazine Online – Iordache, Romania Unbeatable in Ulm". Intlgymnast.com. 2012-04-28. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- 9–13 May Brussels 2012. Women's Artistic Gymnastics European Championship. sportcentric.com
- Casert, Raf. "Romania wins European gymnastic title, tops Russia – Gymnastics News". NBC Olympics. Retrieved 2012-07-16.[dead link]
- "International Gymnast Magazine Online – Romanians Rule in Bucharest Quad Meet". Intlgymnast.com. 2012-07-07. Retrieved 2012-07-16.
- List of participants. London 2012 Olympic Games Women Artistics Gymnastics
- "International Gymnast Magazine Online – Iordache Questionable For Olympic All-Around". Intlgymnast.com. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- Results Team. fig-docs.com. Retrieved on 2013-03-31.
- Results. Qualification. Women. Gymnastics Artistic. fig-docs.com (29 July 2012)
- Results. Final. Women's Team. Gymnastics Artistic. fig-docs.com (31 July 2012)
- 2012 London Olympic Games : Full Story. Figlive.sportcentric.com (2012-07-31). Retrieved on 2013-03-31.
- Results. Final. Women's Individual All-Around. Gymnastics Artistic. fig-docs.com (2 August 2012)
- Results. Final – Beam. Women's Apparatus. Gymnastics Artistic. fig-docs.com (7 August 2012)
- Five Take Titles at Doha World Challenge Cup, International Gymnast Magazine Online, 28 Mar 2013, retrieved 21 Apr 2013
- Romania Rules Final Day at Doha Challenge Cup, International Gymnast Magazine Online, 29 Mar 2013, retrieved 21 Apr 2013
- Amanda Turner (20 Apr 2013), British Men Win Twice in European Finals, International Gymnast Magazine Online, retrieved 21 Apr 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Larisa Iordache.|