|Born||September 18, 1981
|Genres||Folk, psychedelic folk, experimental|
|Occupations||Singer, songwriter, musician|
|Years active||2005 - present|
|Labels||Secret Eye Records, Young God Records|
She was born into a monastic order called Holy Order of MANS. Larkin’s dad, one of nine kids who grew up in a German town in Ohio, is descended from the legendary Grimms' Fairy Tales creators and was a "bad boy" biker in the ’60s who got swept up into the "whole commune thing" when he fell in love with a blonde girl escaping empty bourgeois values. The Grimm family owns a music store in Dahlonega, Georgia, where she grew up. She earned a scholarship to study at Yale where she studied Architecture, Painting, and English Writing. At 20 years old she dropped out of Yale, and moved to Alaska, where she hiked and began to experiment with singing. Several months later she was convinced by a friend to return to Yale, where she began to record her first album, Harpoon, which was influenced by her experiences performing with the Dirty Projectors. She then moved to Providence, Rhode Island, where she has since produced another album called The Last Tree. Larkin's third album Parplar was released October 2008 by Young God Records.
- Harpoon (Secret Eye, 2005)
- The Last Tree (Secret Eye, 2006)
- Parplar (Young God Records, 2008)
- Larkin Grimm / Extra Life 12" (split single with Extra Life) (2011)
- Soul Retrieval (Bad Bitch Records, 2012)
- Hungry Ghosts: These Songs Are Doors (2007) by Mudboy
- We Are Him (2007) by Angels of Light
- Technicolor Health (2009) by Harlem Shakes
- Boy from Black Mountain (2009) by Beat Circus
- Made Flesh (2010) by Extra Life
- No Más (2010) by Javelin
- Larkin Grimm Official Website
- Larkin Grimm Official Myspace Page
- Naturalismo Interview with Larkin Grimm, November 2008
- "Spinning On Air: Larkin Grimm (April 15, 2007)". WNYC. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- "Larkin Grimm : liverecensie op KindaMuzik". www.kindamuzik.net. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- LECHNER, Marie (2007-04-06). "Folk allumé aux Instants chavirés" (French). Libération. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- "Göteborgs-Posten/Utskriftsversion". www.gp.se. Retrieved 2008-06-14.[dead link]
- "Music fills York Sq. when movies can't". Yale Daily News. Retrieved 2008-06-14.[dead link]
- "Larkin Grimm". Young God Records. Retrieved 2010-05-17.
- Raggett, Ned. "Soul Retrieval: Review". Allmusic. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- "Hungry Ghosts: These Songs Are Doors - Mudboy". Allmusic. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "We Are Him - Angels of Light". Allmusic. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "Technicolor Health - Harlem Shakes". Allmusic. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "Boy from Black Mountain - Beat Circus". Allmusic. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "Made Flesh - Extra Life". Allmusic. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "No Más - Javelin". Allmusic. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
|This article on a singer-songwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|