Larry L. Richman
|Larry L. Richman|
Richman is the author of several books on project management.
July 10, 1955 |
Brigham City, Utah, United States
Larry Richman (born July 10, 1955) is a social media expert, Internet strategist, publishing executive, project management trainer, and author of over a dozen books, numerous book translations, and articles in professional journals and magazines. He is a translator in three languages.
Richman is an Internet strategist with a specialty in using social media in product marketing. He is currently employed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) to plan, evaluate, and market the church's educational materials to members and leaders worldwide. He innovated the use of Facebook, Twitter, and other social technologies to supplement traditional communications channels within the church.
Since 2006, he has been the author of LDSMediaTalk, his professional blog about LDS Church materials and using social media and technology responsibly. The blog is read by an average of 18,000 unique monthly readers from 144 countries. His Internet moniker is ldsWebguy.
Richman directed the content and services of LDS.org, coordinating with all the websites of the LDS Church, such as Mormon.org, FamilySearch.org, JosephSmith.net, and JesusChrist.lds.org. He was the domain portfolio manager of the church’s hundreds of web properties with tens of thousands of web pages (plus millions of pages of documents in the Gospel Library in many languages). Church websites are read by over 5 million unique visitors each month with 17 million visits and 65 million page views (excluding the genealogical research site FamilySearch). Richman directed a redesign and rebuild of LDS.org from 2004-2007, implementing XML, metadata and taxonomy standards, a content management system, web portal server technology, new web search tools, and a strategy for Search Engine Optimization.
Richman is a certified PMP (Project Management Professional), consultant, and trainer. He has authored seven books on project management, including two college texts.
Richman directed the Publications and Media Project Office that manages the creation of 8,000 printed, media, and web products a year in up to 185 languages. This included managing the projects for writing, editing, translation, production, printing, and international distribution in 105 offices worldwide.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Richman directed the processes and systems for print and web publishing at the LDS Church.
Richman is the President and CEO of Century Publishing a custom media publisher based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It publishes books and other media in both English and Spanish on topics including religion, social issues, business, biographies, and children's books. Founded in 1981, Century Publishing was previously known as "Richman Communications" and "Richman Publishing". The name was changed to Century Publishing in 1995.
Century has published Latter-day Saint perspectives about homosexuality, including Resolving Homosexual Problems: A Guide for LDS Men, Helping LDS Men Resolve their Homosexual Problems: A Guide for Family, Friends, and Church Leaders, and A Place in the Kingdom: Spiritual Insights from Latter-day Saints about Same-Sex Attraction.
Century publishes the SameSexAttraction.org website, a site about homosexuality, its causes, and the choices people can make when experiencing those attractions.
- Richman, Larry L. (2012) . Improving your Project Management Skills (2nd ed.). New York: American Management Association. ISBN 9780814417294. OCLC 738439397.
- —— (2011). Successful Project Management (3rd ed.). New York: American Management Association. ISBN 9780761215189. OCLC 755719401.
- —— (2002). Project Management Step-by-Step. New York: American Management Association. ISBN 0814407277. OCLC 48966644.
- —— (1996). Project Management: a Strategic Approach. Salt Lake City, Utah: Richman Publishing. ISBN 0941846040. OCLC 36596511.
- Richman, Larry L., ed. (1983). Prominent Men and Women of Provo. Salt Lake City, Utah: Richman Publishing. ISBN 0941846008. OCLC 10659452.
- Richman, Larry (Fall 1982). "An Examination of Adjectival Forms in the Cakchiquel Language". Journal of Mayan Linguistics (Department of Anthropology, University of Iowa) 3 (2).
- Blogs about Mormons and Mormonism
- Evergreen International — Richman was formerly CEO and Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Briggs, Justin (December 29, 2010), Breaking Down the Mormon SEO Strategy, "Blog: SEO", Distilled.net
- "LDS Church's Mormon Message: Almost as omnipresent as the God it preaches" at Examiner.com, August 24, 2010.
- "LDS (mormon) Church knows SEO with Avinash Kaushik, Google, at SES Chicago 2010" on Youtube[unreliable source?]
- Richman, Larry (2011-02-23). Why We Blog: Using LDS Church online resources. "Mormon Times". Deseret News. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- Richman, Larry (July 5, 2013), "Happy 7th Birthday LDS Media Talk", LDSMediaTalk.com
- "Larry Richman". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "About". LDSMediaTalk.com. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- "Larry L. Richman", Author Page, Amazon.com, retrieved 2014-01-21
- "Publications by Larry Richman", CenturyPubl.com (Century Publishing)
- "Company Profile", CenturyPubl.com (Century Publishing)
- "Books about homosexuality from Century Publishing", CenturyPubl.com (Century Publishing)
- "About Us", SameSexAttraction.org