||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2007)|
|Birth name||Larry Booker|
January 6, 1952|
|Died||November 29, 2003
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Larry Latham
|Billed height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Billed weight||375 lb (170 kg)|
Professional wrestling career
Booker debuted in 1979 under the ring name Larry Latham. Latham formed a tag team with Carl Fergie called "The Ragin' Cajuns" managed by Billy Spears in the Gulf Coast territory. Early in his career, he wrestled in Memphis and Mid-South. His first big push came as a member of the Blond Bombers with Wayne Farris (The Honky Tonk Man). The Blond Bombers were involved in a heated feuds with several baby faces across the two competing Tennessee promotions, appearing in both Nick Gulas Nashville based territory, and Jerry Jarrett's Memphis area. The team was managed by Danny Davis. Their signature moment was the now famous "Tupelo Concession Stand Brawl" against Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee.
Years later, Booker resurfaced as "Moondog Spot", a member of The Moondogs. The Moondogs feuded with The Fabulous Ones, The Rock 'n' Roll Express, and Midnight Express. The Moondogs became a regular gimmick in the Memphis promotion featuring a revolving door of wrestlers who teamed with Latham.
Booker became a WWWF World Tag Team Champion as a replacement for Moondog King in May 1981. Booker held the title along with Moondog Rex until they were defeated by Rick Martel and Tony Garea on July 21, 1981.
On November 7, 1985 he wrestled in the tournament on the WWF pay-per-view event Wrestling Classic. He defeated Terry Funk in the first round by count out, then lost to Junkyard Dog in the quarterfinals.
Championships and accomplishments
- Moondog Championship Wrestling
- MCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Southern Championship Wrestling
- SCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
- Feud of the Year (1992) with Moondog Cujo vs. Jerry Lawler and Jeff Jarrett
- "Larry Booker's profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- Ellison, Lillian. First Goddess of the Squared Circle, p.166–167.
- "Jimmy Hart profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-09-04.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2000). Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- SLAM! Wrestling: Moondog Spot dies during match by Greg Oliver
- Moondog Spot, Joey Rossi Remembered by Mike Mooneyham
- In Memory of Moondog Spot
- The Accelerator's Wrestling Rollercoaster: Moondog Spot
- Deceased Wrestlers - Moondog Spot
- Larry Latham at the Internet Movie Database