Larry Levinson Productions
|Type||Film, Television Production|
|Founded||Los Angeles, CA US
(April 30, 1993)
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Key people||Larry Levinson,President|
Larry Levinson is an American screenwriter, producer and the president of Larry Levinson Productions .
Larry Levinson Productions
The production company LLP  was founded by Larry Levinson in 1993 and in that same year produced its first feature-length television movie Rio Diablo, thereafter producing between two and ten TV Movies a year. Notable productions include Rough Riders, a TV mini-series based on future President of the United States Theodore Roosevelt's early life adventures with the 2nd cavalry brigade at San juan hill, and the well liked Streets of Laredo. The miniseries Rough Riders was nominated for the lone star film and television awards for best TV actor Tom Berenger best TV Mini-series and best screen play. It also won an Emmy Award for outstanding sound editing in 1998. The miniseries Streets of Laredo was nominated for six separate awards, winning four of these including an emmy for an outstanding individual achievement in casting for a miniseries. It also won an ASC award for outstanding achievement in cinematography, a Lone Star Film and Television Award for best supporting actress Sonia Braga and a Bronze Wrangler for best television feature film. Streets of Laredo and Rough Riders were produced by LLP for NBC and TNT - both major networks; both productions had large budgets an long shooting schedules where the accent was firmly on quality.
Since then, the production company has produced more than 181 television movies, feature films, television series and mini series.
Larry Levinson began his career as a screen writer on the television series Laverne & Shirley in 1982, and later in 1985, working for Cannon Entertainment, he wrote the Chuck Norris war picture Missing in Action 2.
The company was incorporated in 1993 in the state of California and has been in business for 18 years.
Love Comes Softly and it nine sequels: Love's Enduring Promise (2004), Love's Long Journey (2005), Love's Abiding Joy (2006), Love's Unending Legacy (2007), Love's Unfolding Dream (2007), Love Takes Wing (April 4, 2009), and Love Finds a Home (April 11, 2009), as well as two prequels, Love Begins, Love's Everlasting Courage (both 2011), and Love's Christmas Journey were all produced by LLP and perfectly illustrate the company's philosophy of using established authors works adapted for television.Love Comes Softly is a 2003 Christian drama television movie set in the 19th century, based on a series of books by Janette Oke. It originally aired on Hallmark Channel in 2003. It was directed by Michael Landon Jr., and stars Katherine Heigl as a young woman named Marty Claridge. The Love Comes Softly series has been a ratings winner for Hallmark and continues to spark sequels as well as prequels. LLP will produce the next installment.
Larry Levinson Productions office is at Suite 610, 500 South Sepulveda Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90049
LLP Production Services is at 6800 Smith Road, Simi Valley, CA. The company's studio is a 100,000 square foot facility containing sets, and a back lot filled with exterior facades of city streets and buildings.
LLP's studio is across the street from a major 1940s-1950s filming location, Corriganville Regional Park, formerly Corriganville Movie Ranch.
- Rio diablo (1993) (TV Movie)
- MacShayne (1994) (TV Movie)
- Streets of Laredo(1995)(TV Mini-series)
- Rough Riders (1997) (TV Mini-series)
- Everything that Rises (1998) (TV Movie)
- Hard Time:Hostage Hotel (1999) (TV Movie)
- Texas Rangers (TV Movie)(2001) (TV Movie)
- Johnson County War (2002)(TV Movie)
- Santa Jr (2002)(TV Movie)
- Night of the Wolf (2002)(TV Movie)
- Terror on the Mountain (2002)(TV Movie)
- Roughing It (2002)(TV Movie)
- Black Gold (2003) (TV Movie)
- The Last Cowboy (2003) (TV Movie)
- Straight from the Heart (2003) (TV Movie)
- Love Comes Softly (2003) (TV Movie)
- Audrey's Rain (2003) (TV Movie)
- Just Deserts (2004) (TV Movie)
- The Lady Musketeer (2004) (TV Movie)
- Wedding Daze (2004) (TV Movie)
- Frankenstein (2004) (TV Mini-series)
- Icon (2005) (TV Movie)t
- 50 First Dates
- Detective (2005) (TV Movie)
- Our Home (2006) (TV Movie)
- Wild Hearts (2006) (TV Movie)
- Final Approach (2007) (TV Movie)
- The Sitter (2007) (TV Movie)
- Backwoods (2007) (TV Movie)
- Black Widow (2007) (TV Movie)
- Deadly Suspicion (2008) (TV Movie)
- Street Warrior (2008) (TV Movie)
- Flower Girl (2009) (TV Movie)
- Uncorked (2009) (TV Movie)
- After the Fall (2010) (TV Movie)
- The Wish List (2010) (TV Movie)
- The Town Christmas Forgot (2010) (TV Movie)
- Love Begins (2011) (TV Movie)
- Taste of Romance (2011) (TV Movie)
- Honeymoon for One (2011) (TV Movie)
- "Hallmark Channel, Larry Levinson Productions Begin Work On 'Mystery Girl' Telefilm | Cable Television News | Broadcast Syndication | Programming". Multichannel.com. 2010-08-09. Retrieved 2013-11-20.
- "www.tvguide.com/celebrities/larry-levinson/194243". Tvguide.com. Retrieved 2013-11-20.