Lars Pensjö of Sweden is the original author of the LPMud MUD engine and the LPC programming language, and is one of the founders of Genesis LPMud, notable for their part in the history of MMORPGs as well as the Pike programming language. He attended Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden, from 1980 to 1984. He was a member of the as of 2008 defunct Chalmers Datorförening ("CD"), after which the CD gamedriver and mudlib were named.
Pensjö works for Finnish software company Tieto. He lives in Torslanda, Gothenburg, together with his wife Marica Pensjö, a certified masseuse. They have three sons, Mikael, Jonas and Andreas.
- Bartle, Richard (2003). Designing Virtual Worlds. New Riders. p. 10. ISBN 0-13-101816-7. "LPMUD was named after its author, Lars Pensjö of the University of Gothenburg, Sweden."
- Shah, Rawn; Romine, James (1995). Playing MUDs on the Internet. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. p. 158. ISBN 0-471-11633-5. "... the original Mudlib distributed by LP, Lars Pensjö, and his team."
- Mulligan, Jessica; Patrovsky, Bridgette (2003). Developing Online Games: An Insider's Guide. New Riders. p. 451. ISBN 1-59273-000-0. "Lars Penjske creates LPMud and opens Genesis."
- "The History of Pike". Pike. Retrieved 2009-09-09. "In the beginning, there was Adventure. Then a bunch of people decided to make multi-player adventure games. One of those people was Lars Pensjö at the Chalmers university in Gothenburg, Sweden. For his game he needed a simple, memory-efficient language, and thus LPC (Lars Pensjö C) was born. About a year later Fredrik Hübinette started playing one of these games and found that the language was the most easy-to-use language he had ever encountered."
- "[[Lysator]]s medlemsmöte 2008-10-01". Retrieved 9 September 2009. Wikilink embedded in URL title (help)
- "Lars Pensjö". Eniro Personer. Retrieved 9 September 2009.
- "O.S.A. Gårda AB". Retrieved 9 September 2009.
- "Lars Pensjö". Solvikingarna. Retrieved 9 September 2009.
|This biographical article relating to a technologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This MUD-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|