Larsen & Toubro Infotech
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2013)|
|Industry||IT service management
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
BPO and IT
|Revenue||US$ 650 million (2011)|
|Parent||Larsen & Toubro|
L&T Infotech (Larsen & Toubro Infotech), a subsidiary of L&T (Larsen & Toubro), is a global IT services company based in Mumbai, India. L&T Infotech is ranked #08  in India IT companies in 2012-2013. The company has 39 registered offices in 22 countries. It employs standards of the Software Engineering Institute's (SEI) Capability Maturity Model (CMM) and is a certified Level 5 organization.
Originally founded as L&T Information Technology Ltd (Read as L&T-IT), a completely owned subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T),. The company changed its name to L&T Infotech on 1 April 1997. In December 2006, L&T Infotech acquired GDA Technologies (a privately held electronic design firm based in California, USA) and all of its design centers in USA and India.
Board of directors
A.M. Naik L&T: Chairman & Managing Director L&T Infotech: Chairman
Y M Deosthalee L&T Finance Holdings: Chairman & Managing Director, L&T Infotech: Director
V. K. Magapu L&T: Whole-time Director & President (IT, Engineering Services and Corporate Initiatives), L&T Infotech: Director
Mr. K. R. L. Narasimham L&T Infotech: Director
S T Desai Independent Director
Vivek Chopra L&T Infotech: Member of the Board & Chief Executive, Industrials Cluster
Mukesh Aghi L&T Infotech: Member of the Board & Chief Executive, Services Cluster
Keshab Panda L&T Technology Services: Chief Executive, L&T Infotech: Member of the Board
S. T. Desai Independent Director
Dr. S R Iyer Independent Director
M. M. Chitale L&T: Independent Director, L&T Infotech: Independent Director
Location of Offices
L&T Infotech has its presence across the following regions:
- India : Mumbai (Powai), Navi Mumbai (Airoli, Mahape), Pune (Shivaji nagar, Hinjewadi), Bangalore/Bengaluru (Whitefield), Chennai (Manapakkam)
- Europe : United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark, France, Sweden, Norway, Finland.
- Asia Pacific : Japan, Singapore, Korea
- South Africa.
- Middle East : Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman.
- Australia & New Zealand.
- Costa Rica
- GDA Technologies Inc.: L&T Infotech acquired GDA Technologies Inc., a leading Electronic Design Services (EDS) and silicon intellectual property (SIP) solution provider for the Embedded, Networking, and Consumer Electronics Market, in December 2006.
- Captive technology center of Citigroup Fund Services Canada Inc.: In January 2011, L&T Infotech acquired the captive technology center of Citigroup Fund Services Canada Inc.
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech GmbH
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech Canada
- GDA Technologies Inc.
- GDA Technologies Limited
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech LLC
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech Financial Services Technologies Inc.
- "Larsen & Toubro Infotech Limited: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Sudip Banerjee, CEO, L&T Infotech". Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Now, L&T jumps into Hexaware race to reboot Infotech". Business Standard India. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "L&T Subsidiaries". L&T. L&T. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "L&T Infotech Locations". L&T Infotech. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "NASSCOMM Ranking". NASSCOMM. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "expresscomputeronline". 1 April 2002. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "L&T Board of Directors". L&T Infotech. Retrieved 14 Nov 2012.
- L&T Infotech acquires GDA Technologies
- L&T Infotech acquires Citigroup's Canadian IT Unit