|City and Commune|
Avenida Isidora Goyenechea (Isidora Goyenechea Avenue).
|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|Region||Santiago Metropolitan Region|
|• Alcalde||Francisco De La Maza Chadwick (UDI)|
|• Total||99.4 km2 (38.4 sq mi)|
|Population (2002 Census)|
|• Density||2,500/km2 (6,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT  (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST  (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
Las Condes is a commune of Chile located in Santiago Province, Santiago Metropolitan Region. The area is inhabited primarily by upper-mid to high income families, and known in the Chilean collective consciousness as home to the country's economic elite. Most of Las Condes commercial activity is situated along Apoquindo Avenue where locals have labeled the location "Sanhattan," a portmanteau of Santiago and Manhattan.
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Las Condes spans an area of 99.4 km2 (38 sq mi) and has 249,893 inhabitants (110,916 men and 138,977 women), making the commune an entirely urban area. The population grew by 20.1% (41,830 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses. The 2006 projected population was 283,226.[dead link]
- Average annual household income: US$67,672 (PPP, 2006)[dead link]
- Population below poverty line: 2.3% (2006)[dead link]
- Regional quality of life index: 87.42, high, 2 out of 52 (2005)
- Human Development Index: 0.933, 2 out of 341 (2003)
- Michelle Bachelet
- Eduardo Frei Ruiz-Tagle
- Sebastián Piñera
- Salvador Allende
- Augusto Pinochet
- Alejandrina Cox
As a commune, Las Condes is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2008-2012 alcalde is Francisco De La Maza Chadwick (UDI).
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Las Condes is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Cristián Monckeberg (RN) and Ernesto Silva (UDI) as part of the 23rd electoral district, (together with Vitacura and Lo Barnechea). The commune is represented in the Senate by Soledad Alvear (PDC) and Pablo Longueira (UDI) as part of the 8th senatorial constituency (Santiago-East).
- (Spanish) "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades". Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- (Spanish) "Municipality of Las Condes". Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- (Spanish) "National Statistics Institute". Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Sistema de Información Regional, Ministry of Planning of Chile.
- Poverty in the Santiago Metropolitan Region, Ministry of Planning of Chile.
- "Las Trayectorias del Desarrollo Humano en las Comunas de Chile (1994-2003)." UNDP, Gobierno de Chile, Mideplán
- "Annual Report 2010." (Archive) LAN Airlines. p. 7. Retrieved on January 25, 2013. "Corporate Headquarters Avenida Presidente Riesco 5711 20th Floor Las Condes, Santiago, Chile"
- "Contact." LATAM Airlines Group. Retrieved on January 25, 2013. "Contact Pdte. Riesco 5711, 20th floor Las Condes Santiago, Chile "
- "main.swf." (Archive) PAL Airlines. Retrieved on January 25, 2013. "Casa Central*Carmentina 25*Las Condes*Santiago"
- (Spanish) Municipality of Las Condes