Las Parejas, Santa Fe
|Time zone||ART (UTC-3)|
|Dialing code||+54 3471|
The town was founded in 1889 on lands belonging to the Ferrocarril Central Argentino railway company. The communal jurisdiction was established on 6 October 1902. The commune officially became a city on 27 June 1986.
The economy of Las Parejas is based on agriculture and (on a smaller scale) cattle farming. Industries have experienced a surge, especially the manufacturing of agricultural machinery, since the turn of the 21st century. Las Parejas and Armstrong are home to 20% of the productive capacity of this industry, which supplies a growing local demand and is beginning to export. Las Parejas was declared "Provincial Capital of the Small and Medium Enterprise" in 2004.
- Héctor Cavallero (b. 1939), politician, former mayor of Rosario and national deputy.
- Jorge Valdano (b. 1955), former football player, commentator and coach.
- Antonio Bonfatti (b. 1950), With the return of democracy in 1983, was elected Mayor of Las Parejas, where he served alongside the doctor at the Hospital SAMCo of the town.
He was again elected by the citizens of Domestic Partnership in 1989, this time to be a councilor until 1993.
- Municipal information: Municipal Affairs Federal Institute (IFAM), Municipal Affairs Secretariat, Ministry of Interior, Argentina. (Spanish)
- Inforama — Municipal information at the official website of the Santa Fe provincial government.
|This article about a place in Santa Fe Province, Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|