Las Tontas No Van al Cielo
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2012)|
|Las tontas no van al cielo|
|Created by||Enrique Torres|
|Written by||Enrique Torres
|Directed by||Felipe Nájera
Manuel 'Flaco' Ibañez
|Opening theme||"Esto Es Lo Que Soy" by Jesse & Joy|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||140|
|Executive producer(s)||Rosy Ocampo|
|Location(s)||México DF, Acapulco, Guadalajara (2008)|
|Cinematography||Alejandro Álvarez Ceniceros
Gabriel Vázquez Bulman
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Original channel||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||480i SDTV
|Original run||February 11, 2008 – August 22, 2008|
|Preceded by||Yo amo a Juan Querendón|
|Followed by||Un gancho al corazón|
Las tontas no van al cielo (Spanish pronunciation: [las ˈtontaz no ˈβan al ˈsjelo], Dumb Girls Don't Go to Heaven or as an English saying, Bimbos Don't Go to Heaven) is an original Mexican telenovela that began airing on Mexico's Canal de las Estrellas, beginning 11 February 2008. The novela is a production of Rosy Ocampo and starring Jacqueline Bracamontes, Jaime Camil, and Valentino Lanús.
Cándida "Candy" Morales Alcalde is a beautiful young girl filled with dreams and hopes for her future. At her 15th birthday party she meets the man of her dreams - Patricio Molina Lizárraga, who became later her husband. On the day of their wedding, Candy finds out that Patricio cheated on her with her sister, Alicia. Angry and hurt, she leaves him and goes to Guadalajara with her uncle, Manuel. She decides to fake her death to her family and Patricio to start a new life. Later she realizes that she is pregnant with Patricio's child. After she finds out, her newborn son is what gives her hope for the future, and he becomes the reason she lives.
Meanwhile, Santiago López Carmona, a plastic surgeon, tries to build a family with his career-driven wife, Paulina. She leaves him with their daughter, Rocio, and he becomes highly disappointed in love. Therefore, he begins to sleep with many different women without making any emotional connection with them. When he meets Candy, he is determined to romance her in order to take her to bed, but he quickly discovers how special Candy really is and falls in love with her.
Though they first dislike each other, as time passes, Candy takes a liking to Santiago and attempts to have a relationship with him. However, this becomes difficult when their children, and their exes do everything in their power to prevent their happiness.
- Jaime Camil as Santiago López Carmona - Main Male Protagonist
- Jacqueline Bracamontes as Cándida "Candy" Morales Alcalde - Main Female Protagonist
- Valentino Lanús as Patricio Molina Lizárraga
- Sabine Moussier as Marissa - Main Female Antagonist, Santiago's girlfriend
- Julio Alemán as Arturo Molina - Father of Patricio
- Manuel 'Flaco' Ibañez as Manuel 'Meño' Morales - Uncle of Candy
- Mauricio Herrera as Jaime
- Ana Bertha Espin as Gregoria Alcalde de Morales - Mother of Candy and Alicia
- Silvia Mariscal as Isabel Carmona viuda de López - Mother of Santiago
- Rosángela Balbó as Margarita Lizárraga de Molina - Mother of Patricio
- Fabiola Campomanes as Alicia Morales Alcalde - Older sister of Candy, main secondary villain
- Alejandro Ibarra as Eduardo - Friend of Santiago
- Andrea Torre as Soledad - Best friend of Candy
- Jackie Garcia as Chayo
- Carlos de la Mota as Raúl - Brother of Marissa
- Luis Manuel Ávila as Zamora
- Reynaldo Rossaldo as Toño
- Karla Álvarez as Paulina de López-Carmona - Mother of Rocio, villain
- Julio Vega as Donato
- Raquel Garza as Hortensia
- Lili Brillanti as Tina
- Gaby Platas as Bárbara
- Ginny Hoffman as Cecilia - Assistant of Candy
- Erik Guecha as Carlo
- Christina Pastor as Lulu
- Violeta Isfel as Lucia
- Eleazar Gómez as Charly
- Robin Vega as Chava - Son of Candy and Patricio, boyfriend of Rocio
- Diego Ramirez as Beto - Son of Patricio and Soledad, best friend of Chava
- Mariana Lodoza as Rocio - Daughter of Santiago and Paulina, girlfriend of Chava
- Ivette Cordovez as Paty
When the telenovela was presented to the media, local press revealed that Jalisco's Governor, Emilio González Márquez, invested 38 million Mexican pesos (3.5 million dollars) in order to help with the production of this telenovela, and also gave Televisa all facilities to develop the telenovela in Guadalajara and other Jalisco towns (Tlaquepaque and Chapala, amongst others). The main reason was "Jalisco´s promotion".
The telenovela has shown various scenes taking place in Guadalajara and Jalisco, including the landscapes of Guadalajara and cameos of places like Guadalajara's Cathedral, the Arcos del Milenio and Lake Chapala.
The telenovela also shows stamps from Mexico City, Acapulco and Las Vegas.
In the later episodes of the telenovela, very little footage of Guadalajara was shown. Indeed, in a chapter where Candy and Santiago went to see a concert of French singer Alizée, they went to see her performance in Mexico City's Auditorio Nacional instead of Guadalajara´s Auditorio Telmex.
|Country||Alternate title/Translation||TV network(s)|
|Spain||Las Tontas No Van al Cielo||Antena|
|Hungary||Las Tontas No Van al Cielo||Story 4|
|Brazil||As Tontas não Vão ao Céu||SBT|
|Romania||Las Tontas No Van al Cielo||AcasaTv|
|Slovenia||Las Tontas No Van al Cielo||POP TV|
|United Kingdom||Las Tontas No Van al Cielo||TV3 Lithuania|
|El Salvador||Las Tontas No Van al Cielo||Canal 2 of El Salvador|
|Serbia||Candy||TV Avala (cancelled)|
|United States||Las Tontas No Van al Cielo||Univision|
- "Las Tontas", shortened from the original title, was successfully launched in in the Philippines last 21 July 2008 dubbed in Tagalog until 19 December 2008. Encore episodes also air on 5 January 2009 via Studio 23 an ABS-CBN UHF channel, after the finale of main channel.
- It has also been available in Spain on Antena
- Las Tontas started airing in Hungary on Story 4 at 16:40 pm
- Las Tontas started airing in Rumania on AcasaTv at 10:30 pm
- Las Tontas started airing on Univision after the finale of Querida Enemiga
- Las Tontas started airing on POP TV Slovenia after the finale of Marina
- Las Tontas began airing on TV3 Lithuania since 17 March 2009 and it's called "Naivuolė".
- Las Tontas began airing on Canal 2 of El Salvador since April 2008 after the finale of Yo amo a Juan Querendón.
- Las Tontas started airing on SBT in 19 April 2010 at 4:00 and it's called "As Tontas não Vão ao Céu".
- Las Tontas started airing in Serbia on TV Avala since 21 March 2011 at 5:00PM and it's called "Candy". Airing is canceled after 40 episodes, so much has been bought from a distributor.