Lasse Åberg in 2004
|Born||Lars Gunnar Åberg
5 May 1940
|Occupation||Actor, artist, film director, musician|
Lars Gunnar ("Lasse") Åberg (born 5 May 1940 in Hofors; grew up in Stockholm) is a Swedish actor, musician, film director and artist. Between 1960–64 he studied at the Konstfack department of graphic design.
Åberg has produced some of the most successful films in Sweden, depicting "typical" Swedish life and customs in a usually humorous way. Åbergs character can be described as an inept outsider with a large heart, constantly pushed aside without noticing.
His films have generated over 300 million Swedish kronor (~43 million USD) in Sweden alone; no large scale international distribution has ever been attempted. His 1980 film Sällskapsresan was entered into the 12th Moscow International Film Festival.
As an artist, he is famous for making various lithographs; one of his stocks in trade are sketchy Mickey Mouse drawings. He is a member of Svenska Serieakademien. He also re-designed the seat textiles for the Stockholm Metro subway in the 1990s.
As a musician, he played in the nationally successful band Electric Banana Band. Åberg is also the creator of Trazan & Banarne, one of the most beloved Swedish kids shows ever. It was shown on Sveriges Television in the late 70s/early 80s. The characters of the show, Trazan Apansson (Åberg) and Banarne (Klasse Möllberg) are also members of the Electric Banana Band.
- 1972 - 47'an Löken blåser på (as General Painriche)
- 1979 – Repmånad (direction, script, main actor)
- 1980 – Sällskapsresan (direction, script, main actor)
- 1985 – Sällskapsresan 2 - Snowroller (direction, script, main actor)
- 1988 – S.O.S. - En segelsällskapsresa (direction, script, main actor)
- 1991 – Den ofrivillige golfaren (direction, script, main actor)
- 1999 – Hälsoresan - En smal film av stor vikt (direction, script, main actor)
- 2011 – The Stig-Helmer Story (direction, script, main actor)
- 1984 - Lasses klokbok för vetgiriga barn
- 1985 - Ölvännernas matbok
- 1988 - Två lösa Boy och Rekordmagasinet
- 1996 - Åbergs museum
- 2003 - En skridskobanan på skridskobanan: En bok om ord som är lika som bär men bär olika betydelse
- 2008 - Souvenirer
- 2011 - The Stig Helmer Stories
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lasse Åberg.|
- Lasse Åberg at the Internet Movie Database
- Lasse Åberg at the Swedish Film Database
- New York Times entry
- Åbergs Museum