Lasse Marhaug (born September 10, 1974) is a Norwegian musician who primarily works in the field of noise music but frequently drifts into other areas such as improvisation, jazz, rock and extreme metal. Marhaug has also been involved in creating music for theatre, dance, art installations and video art. Active since the early 1990s, he has participated as a performer and composer on over 200 releases in CD, vinyl and cassette tape formats.
Marhaug tours extensively, and is a frequent collaborator. He currently participates in the projects Jazkamer/Jazzkammer, Nash Kontroll (with Mats Gustafsson and Dror Feiler), DEL, and Testicle Hazard. Defunct projects include Origami Replika and Lasse Marhaug Band. Other collaborative partners include Merzbow, Sunn O))), Carlos Giffoni, Maja Ratkje, Alan Courtis, Marc Broude, Ronnie Sundin, Nordvargr, Kommissar Hjuler und Frau, The Skull Defekts and John Wiese.
Marhaug currently runs the label Pica Disk.
- Science Fiction Room Service (1996)
- Alive! (Live Recordings 1998-2006) (2007) 
- Tapes 1990-1999 (2007) 
- Quality Control (2007) 
- Ear Era (2008) 
- Virginia Plane (with Bruce Russell) (2013, The Spring Press)
- Lasse Marhaug: Electronic Explorations. Allaboutjazz.com
- (Norwegian) Tidenes beste norske plater
- "Spin's 20 Best Avant Albums of 2013 – Pan Gu, Primeval Man Born of the Cosmic Egg (Utech)". Spin. 2013. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- Official website
- Picadisk official website
- Discography at Discogs.com
- All About Jazz: Lasse Marhaug
- Touch: Lasse Marhaug Reviews
|This article about a Norwegian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|