Last Action Hero (video game)
|Last Action Hero|
NES cover art
Teeny Weeny Games
SNES/Genesis/Game Boy/Game Gear:
The Dome Software Developments
|Genre(s)||Action, Beat em up|
Last Action Hero is a series of action video games based on the film of the same name. Versions were released for the NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Game Boy, Sega Game Gear, Amiga and MS-DOS. Versions for the Sega Master System and Sega CD were also announced, but never released.
A separate version was released on the Commodore Amiga and was developed by The Dome Software Developments. The MS-DOS version was developed by Psygnosis and offers full motion video cut scenes from the actual motion picture; the never-released Sega CD version was planned to include this feature as well.
Unlike many such adaptations, the game closely follows the plot and scenery of the movie. The game, like the movie, was not received with much enthusiasm from the public.
Taking the form of a sidescrolling beat-em-up, in the SNES/Genesis version players have a strict time limit to defeat each level of the game. Every version of the game has the climatic showdown with Mr. Benedict (the movie's primary villain), expect for the NES, Game Boy, and Game Gear versions. There are two car chase stages: one in Jack Slater's "movie" world and another in Danny Madigan's "real" world. The NES and Amiga versions however do not feature any car levels.
- Composer information for Last Action Hero (SNES version) at SNESMusic.org
- Last Action Hero SNES release information at GameFAQs
- Last Action Hero NES release information at GameFAQs
- Last Action Hero Sega Genesis release information at GameFAQs
- Last Action Hero Game Gear release information at GameFAQs
- Last Action Hero Amiga release information at GameFAQs
- Last Action Hero DOS release information at MobyGames
- "Next Wave". Electronic Gaming Monthly (51) (EGM Media, LLC). October 1993. p. 105.
- Last Action Hero at Hardcore Gaming 101