Last Voices of World War 1
The Last Voices of World War 1 was a six-part series screened on The History Channel in the UK from Sunday 9 November 2008 to Sunday 14 December 2008 with a repeat during the week. Its initial episode was screened on Remembrance Sunday 2008. The series was made by Testimony Films.
- 9 November 2008 - The Call to Arms
- 16 November 2008 - The Battle of the Somme
- 23 November 2008 - Saving the Wounded
- 30 November 2008 - Horror in the Mud
- 7 December 2008 - The Home Front
- 14 December 2008 - The Boys of 1918
The show featured interviews shot by Steve Humphries and Richard van Emden in the early 1990s with many of the then surviving veterans who were, at that stage, well into their 90s. All of these veterans have subsequently died.
The series was narrated by the actress Nimmy March.
The series was screened by Channel 4 in the UK daily from 2 November 2009.
The music for this series is called "Passage of Time" and was written by Terry Devine-King.
- History Channel Homepage
- Article on George Littlefair who appeared in the series
- Norah Claye, who appeared in Saving the Wounded
- Article in the Daily Record
|This article about a documentary work about war for radio, television or the internet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|