From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up latency or latent in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Latency or latent may refer to:
- Latency (engineering), a measure of the time delay experienced by a system.
- Latency (audio), the delay necessitated by the conversion between analog and digital representations of sound data
- CAS latency, computer memory latency
- Latency period (also latent period or incubation period), the time between exposure to a pathogen, chemical or radiation, and when symptoms first become apparent
- Virus latency, the ability of a virus to remain dormant
- Sleep onset latency, the time it takes a person to fall asleep
- Latency stage, a term coined by Sigmund Freud for a stage in a child's psychosexual development
- Nuclear latency, the condition of a country capable of developing nuclear weapons but not yet possessing them
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Latency.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.