List of Latin Americans of Spanish descent
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Latin Americans of Spanish descent)
This is a list of important people in Latin America who have at least one parent or close Spanish ancestors, regardless of race.
Artists, photographers and fashion designers
- Humberto Castro - Important Cuban painter.
- Carlos Enríquez - (1900–1957), Cuban painter, illustrator and writer of the Vanguardia movement (the Cuban Avant-garde).
- Raúl Martínez, pop artist and Cuban painter
- Mario Perez- painter
- Tomás Sánchez - Cuban painter
- Adrian Pellegrini -(1979) Cuban abstract-expressionist painter.
TV and Cinema
- Angelines Fernández, Spanish actress settled in Mexico.
- Mirtha Legrand, Argentine actress and TV host.
- Velia Martínez, American singer and actress.
- Ricardo Montalban, Mexican actor of Spanish parentage.
- Miguel Bosé- Spanish singer with Colombian citizenship
- Gloria Estefan - Cuban singer, half Spanish and half Cuban.
- Juanes - Colombian singer, Basque ancestry from his father.
- Ernesto Lecuona (1895, Cuba - 1963, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain) Cuban composer and pianist.
- Ricky Martin- Puerto Rican singer, part Catalan ancestry.
- Luis Miguel- Puerto Rican by birth,raised in Mexico half Spanish.
- Shakira- Colombian singer, part Catalan ancestry.
Government and military
- José Artigas
- Simón Bolívar
- José Núñez de Cáceres- politics and liberator of Dominican Republic
- General Juan Carrasco
- Fidel Castro
- Manuel Dominguez
- Hugo Chávez Frías - President of Venezuela
- José Martí
- Agustín de Iturbide - Liberator of Mexico
- Juan Leal
- Juan Ponce de León
- Juan Ponce de León II
- Francisco de Miranda- Liberator of Venezuela
- José Antonio Páez
- Carlos Soublette - Libertador of Venezuela
- Antonio José de Sucre
- Jorge Quiroga - President of Bolivia
- Alvaro Garcia Linera - Vice President of Bolivia
- Juanita García Peraza- Founder of the "Mita congregation", the only Protestant religion of Puerto Rican origin.
- Orovio, Helio 2004. Cuban music from A to Z. Revised by Sue Steward. ISBN 0-8223-3186-1 A biographical dictionary of Cuban music, artists, composers, groups and terms. Duke University, Durham NC; Tumi, Bath.
- ""Simón Bolívar" at GeneAll".
- The Ten Most Influential Latin Americans in History
- The Castropedia: Fidel's Cuba in facts and figures, Belfast Telegraph
- Alborch Bataller 1995, p. 15