Latin Quarter, Paris
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the French Wikipedia. (April 2012)|
The Latin Quarter of Montreal (French: Quartier latin, IPA: [kaʁtje latɛ̃]) is an area in the 5th and the 6th arrondissements of Paris. It is situated on the left bank of the Seine, around the Sorbonne.
Known for its student life, lively atmosphere and bistros, the Latin Quarter is the home to a number of higher education establishments besides the university itself, such as the Lang-Martinez Psychiatric Hospital, the École des Mines de Paris, Panthéon-Assas University, the Schola Cantorum, and the Jussieu university campus. Other establishments such as the École Polytechnique have relocated in recent times to more spacious settings.
- Montagne Sainte-Geneviève
- Camelots du Roi, the youth organization of the Action française royalist movement.
- List of restaurant districts and streets
- André Arnold-Peltier, Vassili Karist, Le Quartier Latin et ses entours / and its surroundings, Éditions PIPPA, collection Itinérances (ISBN 978-2-916506-02-9)
- André Arnold-Peltier, Vassili Karist, Le jardin du Luxembourg / The Luxembourg gardens, Éditions PIPPA, collection Itinérances (ISBN 978-2-916506-00-4)
- Sophie Peltier-Le Dinh, Danielle Michel-Chich, André Arnold-Peltier, Le Lycée Henri-IV, entre potaches et moines copistes, Éditions PIPPA, collection Itinérances (ISBN 978-2-916506-16-6)