28 November 1941
Pola, Istria, Italy (now Pula, Istria, Croatia)
Laura Antonelli (born 28 November 1941) is a retired Italian film actress, who appeared in 45 movies between 1965 and 1991.
Laura Antonelli was born Laura Antonaz on 28 November 1941 in Pola (now Pula, Croatia), which at the time was the capital of the Italian province of Istria. She moved with her family first to Genoa and then to Venice, before they all eventually settled in Naples. She had a childhood interest in education, and as a teenager she became proficient at gymnastics. In an interview for the New York Times she recalled, "My parents had made me take hours of gym classes during my teens... They felt I was ugly, clumsy, insignificant and they hoped I would at least develop some grace. I became very good, especially in rhythmical gym, which is a kind of dance." Setting aside ambitions to make a career in mathematics, she graduated as a gymnastics instructor. She moved to Rome, where she became a secondary school gym teacher and was able to meet people in the entertainment industry, who helped her find modelling jobs.
Antonelli earliest engagements included Italian advertisements for Coca Cola. In 1965, she made her first feature film appearance in Le sedicenni, although her performance went uncredited. Her American debut came in 1966 in Dr. Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs. Other roles followed; her breakthrough came in 1973's Malizia. She appeared in a number of sex farces such as Till Marriage Do Us Part/Mio Dio come sono caduta in basso!.
She worked in more serious films as well, including Luchino Visconti's last film, The Innocent (1976). In Wifemistress, a romance film of 1977, she played a repressed wife experiencing a sexual awakening. Later she appeared in Passione d'Amore (1981). Antonelli's most recent role was in the sequel Malizia 2000 (1991).
On April 27, 1991, cocaine was found during a police raid on Antonelli's home. She was subsequently convicted of possession and dealing and sentenced to house arrest. She spent ten years appealing the conviction which was eventually overturned. In 2006 the Italian court of appeals ruled in the favor of Antonelli and ordered to pay the actress 108,000 euros.
- 16 Year Olds (1965)
- Dr. Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs (1966), Rosanna
- Pardon, Are You for or Against? (1967)
- La Rivoluzione sessuale (1968), Liliana
- The Archangel (1969)
- Venus in Furs (1969), Wanda
- Detective Belli (1969), Franca
- Bali (1970), Daria
- Gradiva (1970)
- A Man Called Sledge (1970), Ria
- The Married Couple of the Year Two (1971), Pauline
- Il merlo maschio (1971), Costanza Vivaldi
- Without Apparent Motive (1971), Juliette Vaudreuil
- The Senator Likes Women (1972), Sister Hildegarde
- Dr. Popaul (1972), Martine Dupont
- How Funny Can Sex Be? (1973), Various roles
- Malicious (aka Malizia), Angela
- Lovers and Other Relatives (1974), Laura
- Simona (1974), Simone
- Till Marriage Do Us Part (1974), Eugenia di Maqueda
- The Divine Nymph (1975), Manoela Roderighi
- The Innocent (1976), Giuliana Hermil
- Black Journal (1977), Sandra
- Wifemistress (1977), Antonia De Angelis
- Tigers in Lipstick (1979), the Businesswoman
- Il malato immaginario (1979), Tonina
- I'm Getting a Yacht (1980), Roberta
- Passion of Love (1981), Clara
- Chaste and Pure (1981), Rosa
- Il Turno (1981), Stellina
- Sesso e volentieri (1982), Carla De Dominicis / Supermarket client / The Princess
- Porca vacca (1982), Mariana
- Viuuulentemente mia (1982), Anna Tassotti
- Tranches de vie (1985), Monica Belli, la star
- Grandi magazzini (1986), Elèna Anzellotti
- The Venetian Woman (1986), Angela
- The Trap (1986), Marie Colbert
- Rimini Rimini (1987), Noce Bove
- Roba da ricchi (1987), Mapi Petruzzelli
- L'avaro (1989), Frosina
- Disperatamente Giulia (1989), Carmen Milkovič
- Malizia 2000 (1991), Angela
- Disperatamente Giulia (1989) (miniseries), Carmen Milkovich
- Gli indifferenti (it) (1988) (miniseries), Lisa
- Lisanti, Tom; Paul, Louis (2002). "Laura Antonelli". Film Fatales: Women in Espionage Films and Television, 1962-1973. McFarland. pp. 44–46. ISBN 978-0-7864-1194-8.
- "Yahoo! Movies: Laura Antonelli". movies.yahoo.com. Yahoo. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- (Italian) Laura Antonelli sarà risarcita Troppo lungo il processo per droga La Repubblica, 2006-05-20. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- Laura Antonelli at the Internet Movie Database
- MySpace Tribute Page
- "Divina Creatura" – Tribute to Laura Antonelli