New Haven, Connecticut
|Residence||Washington, DC, US|
|Alma mater||Dartmouth College|
|Occupation||Author and professor|
Laura DeNardis is an American author and globally recognized Internet governance scholar. She is a tenured Professor and Associate Dean in the School of Communication at American University. She is a Senior Fellow of the Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) and serves as the Director of Research for the Global Commission on Internet Governance.
- The Global War for Internet Governance (Yale University Press, 2014)
- Opening Standards: The Global Politics of Interoperability (MIT Press, 2011)
- Protocol Politics: The Globalization of Internet Governance (MIT Press, 2009)
- Information Technology in Theory (Thompson, 2007)
- Book talk on "The Global War for Internet Governance," New America Foundation, Washington, D.C. April 3, 2014
- Presentation on “The Global War for Internet Governance,” Motion Picture Association of American (MPAA), Washington, D.C. April 2, 2014.
- Book talk on “The Global War for Internet Governance,” The Carnegie Council, New York City, NY. February 26, 2014.
- Panel presentation on “The Internet’s Top-Level Domain Expansion: Implications for Internet Freedom and Innovation,” Beyond the Dot Conference, The Newseum, Washington, D.C. February 19, 2014.
- Book talk on “The Global War for Internet Governance,” Yale Law School, Information Society Project, New Haven, CT. February 13, 2014.
- Book talk on “The Global War for Internet Governance,” Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA. February 12, 2014.
- Panel presentation on “The Paradox of Multistakeholder Internet Governance,” 10th Annual State of the Net Conference, The Newseum, Washington, DC. January 28, 2014.
- Panel presentation on “Internet Governance 2020: Geopolitics and the Future of the Internet,” Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington, D.C. January 23, 2014.
- Panel presentation on Developing a Strategic Vision for Internet Governance,” Eight Annual United Nations Internet Governance Forum, Bali, Indonesia. October 22, 2013.
- Presentation on “Thinking Clearly about Multistakeholder Internet Governance,” Global Internet Governance Academic Network Annual Conference, Bali, Indonesia. October 21, 2013.
DeNardis earned a PhD in Science and Technology Studies from Virginia Tech, an MEng from Cornell University, an AB in Engineering Science from Dartmouth College, and was awarded a postdoctoral fellowship from Yale Law School.